Caligista has a new favourite comedian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm shocked he didn't use the slur "Hong Kong!"
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

@ thread
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        I'm shocked he didn't use the slur "Hong Kong!"
        Yes, that's right Asher. Saying someone is stupid because he's from Hong Kong is not problematic at all.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
          Yes, that's right Asher. Saying someone is stupid because he's from Hong Kong is not problematic at all.
          I don't recall anyone equating Hong Kong to stupid.

I do recall somebody saying somebody living in Hong Kong may not be as well-versed in hockey as somebody living in Canada, though. Which, as you say, is a "slur".
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Let us burn the ******s to illuminate the proper path of mankind.

Comment

I don't recall anyone equating Hong Kong to stupid.

I do recall somebody saying somebody living in Hong Kong may not be as well-versed in hockey as somebody living in Canada, though. Which, as you say, is a "slur".
              Except that you know full well that he is. He may be wrong, but so are several million other Leafs fans. You only brought up Hong Kong in a puerile attempt to bash and discredit him. It's no different than someone bringing up, say, your sexual orientation in a puerile attempt to bash and discredit you.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

If we were talking about the attractiveness of a woman, it's fair game for somebody to bring up my sexuality.

I've no idea why you want to play cop on these forums, but it's pretty funny. You see slurs when they don't exist, then you try to make them a big deal when the two people talking to eachother clearly don't care.

And, for the record, no I don't know full well he is. He's made such silly comments so many times in the threads that his hockey knowledge is very much suspect. He's a blind Leafs homer, that doesn't require hockey knowledge (see: most Leafs homers).

Comment

Calling you on your bs is not playing cop.

do you play real hockey or do you play whack the ball with the stick and giggle uncontrollably like most of the HKers I've seen?
                  Substitute "HKers" with "homosexuals" or "women" or whatever. Not so pretty a sentiment, is it?

Comment

We heard a racial slur in the .. stand up comedy routine? Please ...

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen or hire comedian that usually goes to children's party. This slur has got nothing on most slurs heard on stage, or other really nasty jokes ... like the Aristrocrats!!!
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                      Mel Gibson disease.
                      ditto

How could he lose it like that? And he doesn't have the excuse of being drunk.

Comment

Yeah, and it's not like he's telling jokes. Indeed, how did he lose it? *snif*
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I've never actually been to a comedy club. But this seems to be really strange. Most of the audience left from what I read in another article. This isn't comedy if the audience leaves.

The n word is not funny. I have no problems with white people using it. I used it myself to another person when describing how another person got fired (for using the n-word- I won't use it here because I'll be banned). It's all in the context. In fact, the lynching comment is more out of control than the n-word.

Comment

"This isn't comedy if the audience leaves. "

BS.

"The n word is not funny. I have no problems with white people using it."

So?

It's all in the context? So is this stuff. This is funny to me. Why? Because people get all bent up. OMG! DId he just say what I think he did? OMGH:. he can't say that?!?!? THis man is OUTRAGEOUS! This man is RACIST bigot and he is out of his MIND! omg.. my ears are bleeding!!!

That is funny to me.
                            Last edited by Pekka; November 20, 2006, 18:43.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                              Substitute "HKers" with "homosexuals" or "women" or whatever. Not so pretty a sentiment, is it?
                              Actually the sentiment remains the same if you substitute HKers with homosexuals and women. And either way, it is an amusing mental image.

Equal-opportunity non-Canadian male stereotyping about hockey FTW!

PC police in joncha FTL!
                              joncha's relentless campaign against Asher FTPathetic.

(Have you ever watched a group of people from Hong Kong try to play ball hockey? I actually have. My sentence describes what occurs. If you don't like it or think that it's so insulting to the point of being a "slur", lock yourself up indoors because the world is a very scary place for such a weak individual)

Comment

HK BALL HOCKEY!!!!

OMG THE SLURS THEY WONT END!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X