The Hogfather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...I'm beginning to have my doubts.

In the credits, Miss Susan is referred to as "Susan." My, aren't we overly familiar?

Comment

So according to imdb there's supposedly a 'making of' special on the 10th, and the movie itself is on the 17th. For those of you who, you know, can actually see it.

Unlike me.

Still.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Two weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
          ...I'm beginning to have my doubts.

In the credits, Miss Susan is referred to as "Susan." My, aren't we overly familiar?
          Been a couple of years since I last read it but I'm pretty sure she was just "plain old susan" No miss or anything fancy. It'd be Miss De'Ath if anything

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
            So according to imdb there's supposedly a 'making of' special on the 10th, and the movie itself is on the 17th. For those of you who, you know, can actually see it.

Unlike me.

Still.
            Clearly you should get a british chap to tape it for you
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by thesilentone

Been a couple of years since I last read it but I'm pretty sure she was just "plain old susan" No miss or anything fancy. It'd be Miss De'Ath if anything
              To the little kiddies it was Miss Susan.
              To the monsters hiding under the beds and in other places it was their worst nightmare
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                They guy they have doing Death looks like a freaking model. Why do they have a pretty boy playing Death??
                I don't know about the visuals, but the voice for Death is supplied by Ian Richardson, who is one of my favourite actors ever. He is quite an old man now, but was awesome starring in 'House of Cards', 'To Play a King', and 'The Final Cut' - the trilogy of political thrillers. He also played several parts, Peter-Sellers-style, in the excellent 'Private Schultz' from the eighties.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                  Clearly you should get a british chap to tape it for you
                  I'm sure there will be several british chaps that tape it and make it available to the general public without involving issues like shipping and addresses...plus I'd just prefer to watch it when it's broadcast. March isn't so far away, though.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

They must have chosen Hogfather because it's christmas season.

But it's a weird choice. It's definitely a decent novel, but I wouldn't rate it in the upper half of Pratchett books. Certainly there are better discworld books. Of course, not all of them are equally suitable for a movie adaptation. But still...

Comment

Working...
                    X