The Hogfather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hogfather

I just read somewhere that there's supposed to be a movie version of Terry Pratchett's Hogfather on TV next month. Anybody have any suggestions on how I can see this in the US? It's going to be on SkyOne, which wikipedia says comes here on DirectTV, but a) I don't have DirectTV and b) it doesn't seem to be on their channel lineup.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Oh great, looks like you´re right

Can´t wait to see it
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

What a coincidence! I was going to order DirectTV today and deep-six the evil blighters at Warner Cable.

Girl: "I wanna sword for Hogswatch Eve."
      Death: "WHAT'S THE MAGIC WORD?"
      Girl: "A BIG sword."
      Death: "THAT'S RIGHT. HERE YOU GO, LITTLE GIRL."
      Mom: "Wait! You can't give a sword to a 10-year-old!"
      Death: "WHY NOT?? IT'S EDUCATIONAL."
      Mom: "But...but...but...she'll cut herself!"
      Death: "YES. THAT'S THE EDUCATIONAL PART."

Comment

I can't believe they chose Hogfather. I love most of the Discworld books, but that's my least favourite. In fact I thought it was poor.

Comment

I liked Hogfather...not the best of them, but I think it's pretty decent.

So is SkyOne on DirecTV or not then? I didn't see it listed on their website.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Hogfather was my first Prachett books, and it knocked me on my butt! If I were a producer, that's the first book I'd make because as a "Christmas" book, it would be the easiest to sell.

--Does anyone know what day it's showing. I can't get DirectTV before Dec. 5th. (Time-Warner has taken over Adelphia, so there's a massive migration to other providers like DirectTV.)

Comment

It will be interesting to see how they will implement Deaths habit of speaking uppercase
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I'd place a large, galvanized trash can over the head of James Earl Jones....but that's just me.
                Last edited by Zkribbler; November 24, 2006, 18:51.

Comment

They guy they have doing Death looks like a freaking model. Why do they have a pretty boy playing Death??
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Wha?? They're having a human play HIM?! Death is just a walking skeleton. I figured they could rent the animatronic gizmo that Terminator used in the last 1/2 of that movies--and change the eyes from glowing red to blue-white. --Slap a beard on him, and presto: the Hogfather. "HO, HO, HO...YOU'D BETTER BE GOOD!"

Comment

I'd guess Death is CGI, and the actor is just doing the motion capture for him. Could be wrong, though.

Comment

Comment

When's it coming to DVD dammit!!!!!
                          "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                          "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

If you believe the people on the imdb board, March.

Comment

Hogfather sounds good.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X