No announcement yet.

My Stupid Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it does not cover everything, that's true.

There are co-pays ($15 for office visits). I'm sure there is fine print in there somewhere that won't pay for some stuff. I know that on the dental plan, major dental work is only partly covered (I wanna say 50%).

Income tax various depending on your income and deductions. I don't know what rate we ultimately paid, once all the numbers were crunched. If I had to guess, I'd guess that federal taxes hit us up for roughly one quarter of our income. Plus some (fairly low) state income tax, plus various local taxes (fire, property, car).

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Cool, it´s interesting to compare.
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

For me

The cost of health care is free for me, but extra for the wife and kid. This extra comes out to about $241 per month. There are co-pays for visits and perscription drugs that probably average out to another $100 per month.

On the other hand, I get taxed about 30% from the feds and another 9% from the state (CA).
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Zoid, come on, you can not know this stuff? For such a large supporter of Swedish SDP, you don't know the FACTS of life?

Oh and 67k, you won't score that high in here, ever . ONLY high level managers. Just a manager won't cut it, manager in large company, won't cut it.. as in manufacturing manager in charge of say.. 300 people plus all the production worth of millions.. you will go under that 70k most likely. ANd if you make 70k, you are a rich mother****er who deserves to be shot and your money stolen by the boozers, because they never got the chance..

Welcome to reality.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I´m actually more ignorant than you think Pekka I honestly believed for a large period of time that people were dying on the streets of american cities because there was no healthcare (even emergency) for those who had no insurance...

That´s commie propaganda for you!
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
            X