My Stupid Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Stupid Job

Is getting a letter of resignation from me first thing Monday morning.

Yup.

The morons there have ticked me off for the last time. They really don't pay me enough to put up with their passive agressive micromanagement bs. They think they are so high and mighty because they had 100million in sales this year... Big whoop, you're still small cap wanna bes, and all because you pay me poorly doesn't mean you get to order me around like some sort of uneducated idiot. I'm an engineer, dammit.

So, I got a new job. Engineering this time, not something that is more or less one step shy of a technician.

Also, I'll be making drugs again, aseptically. Which is a step in the right direction on my career path. Additionally, I'll receive training in project management and process excellence. I'll also have a 30% increase in pay, a match on my 401k, an additional week of vacation, better/cheaper health benefits, an awesome bonus plan, and a very generous stock option.

So, stupid job can kiss my butt!

it had to be said

oh, and Apolyton, sorry for my absence... it may happen again as the new job is also more work... but work for the right thing. I'll have to also postpone going to school for my MBA by 6 months.
    Monkey!!!

Re: My Stupid Job

Originally posted by Japher
    Also, I'll be making drugs again
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Good for you.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

What's their phone number? We need to talk.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Are you staying in Cincy?
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Great message.

Comment

THat's awesome Japher

Sounds like the right thing to do.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Are you staying in Cincy?
                Yeah, I'll have a 45-minute commute which is about twice as far as I go now, but it's well worth it. I'll be looking at getting rid of my truck, driving the wife's car, and buy her something more family friendly like a suv or minivan. We really like Cincinnati, our neighbors, and the family oriented atmosphere of the area.

Yeah, Pekka, it is the right thing to do. Never, ever, let anyone or any company walk all over you. You should be getting just as much out of work as your employeers are getting out of you.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Listen up, kiddies. Japher quite his job in the correct way. --He lined up another job first.

While it might be a great show of panache to pop your cork and scream, "I quit, you @ssholes!!" it's not a wise thing to do if you have nowhere to go.

Comment

Respect, Japher Take no crap!
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

it's going to be a great weekend

I wondering how to werd my letter

Dear Arsehole,...
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Well, it's all good then. As far as I recall, that means that you didn't take a huge hit for moving from California after all.

Rock on.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

So, after you go broke and live in a box under a bridge can I have your stuff?
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

You want his box???? That's just plain mean!

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                              You want his box???? That's just plain mean!
                              I can't carry the Box-Union rules- but I can take the contents out of the box.
                              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                              X