Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOX NEWS INTERNAL MEMO LEAKED: Look for Iraqi Insugents "thrilled" by Dem Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iraqi Insurgents: "We've finally brought democracy to the US!"
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
      Iraqi Insurgents: "We've finally brought democracy to the US!"
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
        I wonder if Oerdin thinks they should have suppressed it.
        The various terrorist groups try to spin anything to their advantage. Sure all the news outlets should carry their words, but what's the difference in this and all their other mumbo jumbo? I think that's the point here.

foxnews probably wanted to play the terrorist quotes as if they were facts or at least make it their major story for the day, not just some insane and predictable ramblings from dangerous individuals.

Comment

Matthews and Olberman are within arm's length of conservative?
          Matthews said that he voted for Bush (at least in 2000).
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
            I wonder if Oerdin thinks they should have suppressed it.
            Not at all. Except Fox News was directing people to try to dig up some dirt to support their chosen political side instead of simply reporting a story.

You know it, I know it. They're nothing but a propoganda machine.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Not at all. Except Fox News was directing people to try to dig up some dirt to support their chosen political side instead of simply reporting a story.

You know it, I know it. They're nothing but a propoganda machine.

By airing it after an election rather than releasing Islamic polling info prior to an election.

Yep not only propoganda-ists but really really stupid ones.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

By airing it after an election rahter than prior to an election.

Yep not only propoganda-ists but really really stupid ones.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Oh, they aired very similiar stuff all through the campaign. They kept playing up the "Democrats are for the terrorists" crap for weeks and made HUGE hay out of Bush's claims that "If the Democrats win then the terrorists win".

What we are seeing now is just a follow up. A "see I told you the terrorists love Democrats" and they were looking for it before it even happened trying to make it happen.

The truth is the Iraqi people as a group just hate Bush. They'll cheer anything which they see as bad for Bush's personal ambitions. It could have been Martians winning the election so this has nothing to do with Iraqis loving Democrats so much as they just hate Bush.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

You do realize that Fox played up this angle for weeks prior to the election, right? Of course not...

They made it their lead story for almost a week straight when Bush was declaring that the terrorists love Democrats and that Democrats are terrorists.

Comment

I think there is humor in a network using the Democratic victory only AFTER the victory, and not BEFORE the victory, when it would be more advantageous.

Ogie Humor
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Humor

Thin skinnedness

Tweaking people with no sense of humor
                        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

So this whole Bush administration is just one elaborate joke that the conservatives have played on the nation?

Not funny!

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                          X