• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    You want a good Title and Tag program?
    Such a thing exists ?
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      You can get ~500GB of DVD's for $25. There's just no competition. Especially since each of his backups is apparently about DVD-sized.
      Are those DVDs Rewritable?
      Are those DVDs reliable?

I used to back up lots of movies on CDs (and then DVDs) until I tried to get one off an old CD, which was in a case, that didn't read anymore...got corrupted.

I now use external HDDs for backups.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

By the way, two of the most awesome media players I know are amaroK and Listen (one of the few things justifying the existence of France ). It's just a shame that neither of them has a version for Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          Are those DVDs Rewritable?
          Are those DVDs reliable?

I used to back up lots of movies on CDs (and then DVDs) until I tried to get one off an old CD, which was in a case, that didn't read anymore...got corrupted.

I now use external HDDs for backups.
          He's backing up all his data each time, so if one DVD isn't readable he's probably got the file on others. And he can do a simple test on each DVD to make sure it burned correctly before filing it away.

Comment

amaroK is for KDE only
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Winamp, and this for titles and tags.

Tag & Rename - software to edit music files tag, it supports mp3 (all ID3v2 tag versions), wma, ogg, mp4 (m4a, m4p), flac, ape. You can organize tags using freedb or discogs, rename files, etc.

It's not free, but my gosh it's good.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                Winamp, and this for titles and tags.

Tag & Rename - software to edit music files tag, it supports mp3 (all ID3v2 tag versions), wma, ogg, mp4 (m4a, m4p), flac, ape. You can organize tags using freedb or discogs, rename files, etc.

It's not free, but my gosh it's good.
                QFMFT @ Winamp & Tag&Rename
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Well frequency of your backing up is what?

If you are making back ups, say daily, get that external drive or something. It's more convinient.

But if you do it every now and then, DVDs will be the cheapest solution.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                    amaroK is for KDE only
                    Doesn't mean you can't run it on GNOME. Though Listen does pretty much everything that amaroK does.

Comment

BTW, this thread has no message icon

Comment

I don't know about rewritable DVDs, but my experience with rewritable CDs is that they are quite unstable. Just looking at them is enough to corrupt your data. Actually, not looking at them is just as bad.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

A lot of it is dependent on the quality of the burner. My last computer had a jittery CD burner that was worthless -- I'd burn data to a CD, immediately try to read the CD, and get bombarded by bad checksums. I haven't had any problems (yet) with the DVD burner on my new computer.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

It was you that was jittery.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I find it hard to believe that my burner could be the problem.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X