No announcement yet.

How is your financial health?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

although should I get injured for any length of time (> 1 year), I'd be up **** creek. But I suspect that's true for most people.

Comment

Very healthy. No debt (apart from the debt to fund our house). The bad side is that I have to travel over 4 hours per day for my work. The good side is that I have a laptop and I do it by train.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

things are tight but ive saved over 1 thousand dollars in the past 120 days and im 1.5k away from trading time. im reading all sorts of wonderful books about the ins and outs of equities investments, trading, economic indicators, and other strategies to make money off of reading and doing homework.

I'll start contributing 50 per paycheck to my 401(k) which isnt a lot, but its enough since im 23.

my debt hovers around 4k right now, 1k in credit cards, 3k in student loans. (so i lied when i said I was a thousandaire, I didnt have any credit card debt at the time, but had that student loan) i can pay off my credit cards in the next 2.5 months.

I make less than 12 an hour, withhold the max amount per cheque(That'll change Jan 1, I had to make up for a mistake I made earlier in the year) I save at least 100 dollars a month now (after an amazing run of saving).

Dont have much, but dont need much. Books, Buddies, Booze, and Blasting Music and Bold Ideas for the Future
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Currently excellent - in spite of taking three years out at Uni.

Ask me this time next year and I'll be able to tell you whether my gamble of starting an overseas property portfolio is the best thing I've ever done - or a gigantic noose around my neck!
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

like iraq?
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Yeah, I'm buying up whole districts for a few dinars!

Comment

I guess that i am above average. (at least for Bulgaria)

I have no debt. I live in an apartment owned by my parents but i don't pay rent. (I could aford it though if I had to pay)

I also have about 5000 euro in a portfolio that gained almost 25% this year
                Quendelie axan!

Comment

MOBIUS are you by chance investing in Bulgarian property. It seems to be relatively popular in England.
                  Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                    I recently won £88 million on the Euro lottery. I lost the ticket though.
                    I stole it
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og
                      MOBIUS are you by chance investing in Bulgarian property. It seems to be relatively popular in England.
                      No, I thought about it but things seem a bit unpredictable in Bulgaria. Sunny Beach would be too late to invest now and not my thing, and probably the same with Bankso.

If I were to invest in Bulgaria, most likely it would be Veliko Turnovo.

Comment

I studied in Veliko Turnovo. It's a nice town but although there is some tourism in the city there aren't any majour attractions in the area. There are no ski slopes or beaches. It is mostly a student town (over 20 thousand students). In the summer the place is practically dead.

You might know better than me though

I don't know when you invested by property prices in Bulgaria have quadrupled in the last 4-5 years. Even if you have invested in an appartment in any of the big towns youd have at least 3 times your initial investment by now irrespective of location.
                        Quendelie axan!

Comment

keep it simple.....

spend it all before you die
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                          X