Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is your financial health?

So, just wondering.

I know, either way, my poll will be invalid...

Spec.
    Very healthy
    38.60%
    Medium
    17.54%
    Tight
    21.05%
    I'm broke!!
    19.30%
    (Against my will) Banana...
    3.51%
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Very healthy. I'm living at my parents', and there's no shortage of money here. I get a generous allowance every month, that isn't excessive (I can't become a compulsive consumer), but which is largely enough for me to pay the bills.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Why do you get an allowance? What do you do?

I never got an allowance, always had to work for my money since I was 14 years old. I bought my clothes, my car, everything. If I worked, I had to pay rent at my parents house , and if I was in school, I paid for my courses but no rent.

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Very healthy

1. Income is good despite my wife being off on maternity leave-- her return to work weill just be a bonus
        2. . we own about half our house and will own the rest in 12 years (or sooner)-- locked in at 4.5% for the next 4 years
        3. no other debt except we lease one of our vehicles-- the other is paid off
        4. Retirement fund is topped up and in my current job through various programs my saving 7% of my salary becomes a 20% fund (employer matches 5% of my saving plus contributes 8% of my salary into a retirement fund)
        5. Stock options and bonuses will simply be a windfall when they come-- I don't count on them

I have been thinking about getting a new car but that 8 year old Civic is just fine
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'd say very healthy.

My wife and I both work, and together bring in a fairly substantial income. Our expenses are low (no kids, not yet at least), resulting in a lot of saving, and we've made a respectable dent in our current mortgage.

We plan to move next year, which will result in a different mortgage, but we've got enough savings that, together with at least some of the profit from the sale of our current home, I hope to put down at least 25% of the cost of the new house... maybe closer to 30%. Tough to say for sure.

We own both of our cars outright. We're doing well on retirement savings, with our 401(k)s and IRAs. The one area we're not great in is more medium-range investment. But I want to get the new house squared away first.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Of course I shall discuss my personal finances online.

NOT.
            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

My situation:

I live alone in my appt; 5 1/2

I'm a full time student...
              =======================
              Pretty tight!
              bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

NOT.
                Sure, be specific!! And dont forget to post your real name, bank account number and social insurance number!

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                  The one area we're not great in is more medium-range investment. But I want to get the new house squared away first.
                  What is the goal of "medium range investment" for you ??-- I pretty much know my income will continue to go up so we can buy things like a vacation property or a new car when we need etc etc-- So all my investments, are considered "long term" by me
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

NOT.
                    I don't see the problem with general information. The most specific thing I posted was the interest rate I pay.

The details of my employers programs are known to all the other employees and potential employees so anyone that actually just knew where I worked could know pretty much everything I have posted

Comment

Started Uni on 1st of October. I'm the first year that has to pay the extra £3,000/year tuition fees. So a bit Iffy, I suppose...
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

i haven't got a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                          Very healthy. I'm living at my parents'
                          Communists.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Not bad. I have a bunch of student loan debt (about $30k), but I don't have to pay that off till after grad school. And thanks to my car being totaled (mostly superficially), I can easily pay off my credit card debt. Meanwhile, I'm generally saving a reasonable amount every month.
                            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                            -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                              Very healthy. I'm living at my parents', and there's no shortage of money here. I get a generous allowance every month, that isn't excessive (I can't become a compulsive consumer), but which is largely enough for me to pay the bills.
                              The same (though I'm not living with my parents).

Comment

Working...
                              X