No announcement yet.

Landscapers refuse to work for gay couple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think its a bit different because this is a bidding process for the right to serve the customer.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

They can choose not to serve people whose ears stick out for all I care. It's their business.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

They got their comeuppance.
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Here's to the coming bankruptcy of these crazy religious bigots
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I can understand them not wanting to do landscaping for them. You have to bend over all the time spreading mulch and what not. No one wants some gay guy leching over your butt when your working.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
              I can understand them not wanting to do landscaping for them. You have to bend over all the time spreading mulch and what not. No one wants some gay guy leching over your butt when your working.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
                  They can choose not to serve people whose ears stick out for all I care. It's their business.
                  Yep.

The whole thing should really be a non-issue.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Provided they're a non-essential service like landscaping, they can choose not to serve whoever they please not to serve AFAIC. Of course, people unhappy with this policy should be equally free to organize a boycott. Why get the law and the courts involved when social disapproval is so much more devastating?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

As long politicians and judges are left out, it's all good.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

#11 Proteus

Maybe, in hindsight, the landscapers shouldn't have been so truthful. They could have simply bidded a large price for their services, knowing that somebody else would underbid them.
                        "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

classy threats sent to them.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Yep.

The whole thing should really be a non-issue.

To protest against ignorance and bigotry does not mean that the business owners should not have their right to discriminate out of ignorance and bigotry.

They have every right to deny service to gays -- they can even choose to deny service to blacks or Hispanics and that would be perfectly fine in the legal sense.

But morally, this reeks of ignorance and bigotry.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

To protest against ignorance and bigotry does not mean that the business owners should not have their right to discriminate out of ignorance and bigotry.

They have every right to deny service to gays -- they can even choose to deny service to blacks or Hispanics and that would be perfectly fine in the legal sense.

QFT
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Obviously but who the hell really cares? It's only landscaping afterall

So newsflash: Ignorant and bigoted people exist, always will too unfortunately, they get punished economically, same way as they're expressing their ignorance and bigotry.

Comment

Working...
                                X