Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll take dumpster diving for $300 Alex!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoid, you made someone very happy that day.

Comment

Probably... The most money I´ve found lying around the street is a 50 SEK bill...
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Re: I'll take dumpster diving for $300 Alex!

Originally posted by Tiamat
        The other day while running errands and noticing the car was a bit messy, my daughter decided to clean it out while at the gas station. While I was inside paying she was cleaning. Unbeknownst to her I had just gone to the bank and placed the bank envelope in the CD holder containing....you got it $300. This was at about 1:30 p.m.

So we go along with our day and duffus me doesn't notice that the envelope is missing until about 7:00 that evening while taking Steve to work. We freeked out So we grab our hospital gloves go to the little store hoping that the dumpster hasn't been emptied. Luckily for us it hadn't and the guy had actually just pulled the bag from the trash can we put it in about an hour before. So there we are climbing into the dumpster pulling out this god awful stinking, dripping bag ( I don't even want to think what was dripping) and proceed to dig through it piece by piece. We find the money, but that has got to be one of the grossest things I think I've ever had to do! And I scoop poo for a living! **shudders thinking about it** Honestly I don't know how homeless people dig through those things.

Ever lost something and had to go digging for it?
        just admit it, you're one of those ladies looking for "treasures" that people throw away. Then you go and sell them on ebay. Your secret is out.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
          Tia, are either you or your daughter blond or worse... redheaded?
          How long have you been on the board?!? Common knowledge I'm a redhead. And we had not been out of the car I had actually just gone to the bank, ran by the house and went to the store where it happened. I just didn't tell her that I had taken money out and just inadvertantly stuck it where I always do plus we were on our way to pay bills with it. And yes we were very, very lucky!!! Most of the time it's just a wash in those situations.

The Los Angeles auditions didn't happen for me due to not being able to get the ticket at a resonable price. With only one of us working right now things are stretched a bit however, I have sent in an audition tape. As we say here in the South, there's always more then one way to skin a cat!! So I was still able to audition just not in person and if I hear anything back I'm sure ya'll will be one of the first to know. Keep fingers crossed.
          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Re: Re: I'll take dumpster diving for $300 Alex!

Originally posted by Dis

just admit it, you're one of those ladies looking for "treasures" that people throw away. Then you go and sell them on ebay. Your secret is out.
            Yes, I know It is one of the perils of being married to a trashman.
            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
              This is a classic... Lucky you found it Tia I once put a plastic container with $500 in it on the top of my car and drove off. Never found it again...
              why would you put $500 in a plastic container?

I would put it in my front pocket. not too long ago I was walking around with $43,000 in my pockets. No one notices a thing. Now if people knew I had that kind of money in my pockets... Yes there were big bulges, but I normally have big bulges in my pants. But really, I'm the type of person no one notices.

Comment

See I did that and your right, no one notices. I had $11,000 in my purse from my back child support payment that I cashed and was taking it to the bank in the building where I worked riding the bus on the way to work with $11,000. No one had a clue.

Comment

I once smuggled over $20K in cash (dollars and Euros) into the country. Didn't realize it was illegal when I agreed to do it.

Legit cash payments from a couple of my (ex-)company's distributors in the Middle East. Turns out these countries had restrictions on moving cash, and the U.S. has a $10K limit on bringing it in. Our distribs didn't want to write checks to avoid VAT. (OK, so that stretches the "legit" line, but they did owe us the money for products shipped to them.) Little did I know...

Filling out the "nothing to declare" form on the plane sure felt weird. I just kept praying I would not be the guy who is randomly searched by security at Heathrow or O'Hare.

Glad you found the $300, Tia.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Audition? Must've missed something.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

-j, what's the statute of limitations on that?
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat

How long have you been on the board?!? Common knowledge I'm a redhead. And we had not been out of the car I had actually just gone to the bank, ran by the house and went to the store where it happened. I just didn't tell her that I had taken money out and just inadvertantly stuck it where I always do plus we were on our way to pay bills with it. And yes we were very, very lucky!!! Most of the time it's just a wash in those situations.

The Los Angeles auditions didn't happen for me due to not being able to get the ticket at a resonable price. With only one of us working right now things are stretched a bit however, I have sent in an audition tape. As we say here in the South, there's always more then one way to skin a cat!! So I was still able to audition just not in person and if I hear anything back I'm sure ya'll will be one of the first to know. Keep fingers crossed.
                        Honey, us redheads got to stick together...

...I'll go to the store tomorrow and buy some glue.
                        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I didn't realize you were a redhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

why would you put $500 in a plastic container?
                            It was the daily taking from the place I worked at the time. I´m just lucky I forgot this one and not the one before that that was $8000!
                            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                              I didn't realize you were a redhead.
                              But I've never stuck $300 in an envelope and left it out in the open.
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid

It was the daily taking from the place I worked at the time. I´m just lucky I forgot this one and not the one before that that was $8000!
                                so it wasn't yours? Were you fired?

Comment

Working...
                                X