Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Republic's Christmas present (f*** France)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Renters pay rent and utilities, usually. Electric.
    We have federal income taxes, and I think Texas is the only state without state income tax. Sales tax, can't forget that
    Breathing tax is next.
    I love how texans are either so enthralled with themselves or so ignorant of the world around them that they insist they are special at every point.

there are several states without income tax and I happen to live in one of them.

Sloww needs a non Texan education
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT
      Oncle Boris
      Did you make income declarations for 2005?
      Declared my revenues to the CAF... but only came to France in September 2005.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

Declared my revenues to the CAF... but only came to France in September 2005.
        I assume that you declared your income to the CAF in order to receive the monthly allocation based on the rent; if you are eligible to this allocation, you can ask the fiscal administration to revise or possibly (depending of your income) cancel the amount of "taxe d'habitation" you have been notified. This reduction will be done automatically next year, provided that you have made an income declaration for 2006 and that you are still eligible.

Good luck !

Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
          In NZ the landlord pays the rates (which go to the city council for use) for all the buildings they own. Renters just pay rent to the landlord.

Everyone who earns money pays income taxes, to the central government.
          Same situation in the US. I prefer this model as it doesn't leave renters with a surprise tax bill.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yes, if you want better taxing policies, vote for communists
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Same situation in the US. I prefer this model as it doesn't leave renters with a surprise tax bill.
              A tax paid every year on the same day is not really a surprise.
              Statistical anomaly.
              The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Same thing happens here at a similar rate...however if you are a student you are exempt. Thatcher tried to change this system and created the 'Poll Tax'...we all know how that ended
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                  Yes, if you want better taxing policies, vote for communists
                  Clearly! Because then the tax rate will be a simple 100% DUH!
                  -Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                    Yeah, but not as much.

Right now, I pay $4,200 annually in taxes for just my two rental properties. With something like this, I would get a tax break because my tennents would absorb some of that expense.

And why shouldn't they? Their kids are going to the schools I pay for. The protection of their personal property and their safety is paid for by my taxes.

Yes, yes. I know that they pay income tax so they do pay for that stuff already, but I am paying a disproportionatly larger amount compared to them. Why? Because I am providing housing to someone who can't afford to buy a house of their own.

This is a stupid argument.

The market would force you to charge less rent if the property taxes you pay were instead paid by your renters

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I sure hope you read my later posts in this thread KH. Might explain somethings...
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                      X