• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadCat
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCat
      Originally posted by Park Avenue

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Sorry, Asher, I've been there and seen the vet give the final shot to a beloved cat, and it isn't fun at all. My laughs was at PA's petty try to be funny from another thread.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Originally posted by Park Avenue

[/QUOTE]

Calm down Blacky!
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Sorry I didn't catch this thread earlier.

My belated condolences.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Asher:

It saddens me to hear about your cat for I, too, know what it's like to lose a long-lived and beloved pet to a failing body (Boots died a little over two years ago).

It's strange, in a way. Humanity finds so many ways to fight with itself yet, despite that, there are common links among us that generate a common response. In this case, sadness that a pet is slowly dying.

Gatekeeper

EDIT: Reading the rest of the thread, I see that your cat has died. If it helps any, envision this: Once again he's a kitten somewhere, just born, waiting to be taken into the home of a loving family who will cherish for years to come the little baby they just brought home.
              Last edited by Gatekeeper; December 18, 2006, 01:44.
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Our other cat, Misty (13 years old) is very sad and lonely. She has been for the past month as Fluffy hasn't been snuggling or grooming her or anything like that. For the first time in her life she's cried for hours at my parents' bedroom door looking for attention.

So, my parents are looking at adopting two new kittens. They've been looking at the "MEOW Foundation" in Calgary (http://www.meowfoundation.com), a non-profit cat rescue group that never euthenizes cats. They have two 3.3 month old kittens from the same litter (the only kitten from that litter): Rumpelteazer (female) and Mungojerrie (male).

Rumpelteazer:

Rumpelteazer and Mungojerrie are the only two kittens from Grizabella's litter. They are an inseperable pair that sleep and play and eat together. They even go together to use their litter box. These too are just like their namesakes from the musical "Cats"; mischievous and fun loving. Rumpelteazer is the girl so, she is petite and graceful. But don't let that fool you. She'll pounce on your toes when you're not looking. If you want to know what is more fun than a barrel of monkeys, it's Rumpelteazer and Mungojerrie. =^..^= Rumpelteazer and Mungojerrie would like to be adopted together.

Mungojerrie:

Mungojerrie and Rumpelteazer are the two kittens from Grizabella's litter. These two do everything together. They are two fuzzy peas in a pod. Like their stage namesakes from the musical "Cats" they are mischievous and fun loving. Mungojerrie is the boy, so he is rough an tumble. But don't let that fool you. He'll snuggle up and cuddle with you anytime. Rumpelteazer and Mungojerrie would like to be adopted together.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Those look like they would be fun. I agree that Cat's are best in pairs.

Jon Miller
                  (well, more than 2 is good to, but is not neccesary, generally)
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I am sorry about the death of your cat.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Poor things

I lost 4 cats already and I know how tough it can be
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Condolences, Asher.

I've lost two cats in the past 3 years, one to sudden liver failure and the other to plain old, garden-variety old age. He was 17 or 18 years old & his body just finally began giving out, so we had to put him to sleep.

They become part of the family, don't they? As my dad pointed out, the hardest thing about pets is that one of you will outlive the other one day. Still, better to put them to sleep when that time comes than let them suffer.

And I agree that cats seem to do best in pairs or small groups. Mungojerrie and Rumpelteazer look like they'll be loads of fun!

Comment

Working...
                        X