Liver Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    Why don't you just head home? Surely you can afford a plane ticket for a weekend.
    Because I'm heading home in a month and he's not even in pain yet. If he worsens I'll consider it, but I'm actually not swimming in money right now as I'm still paying down moving expenses/purchasing expenses for my own place.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Thanks for the condolences...

Right now I'm hoping he makes it til Christmas, so when I come home I can see him one last time.
      Fingers crossed.

Comment

I had a cat get feline leukemia, You'll know when the time comes to put her to sleep.

I didn't get a chance to say goodbye, I was in Chicago when my mother and my sister put her to sleep.

My father, who always claimed to hate cats, couldn't take her to the vet, it broke his heart.

My sister held her after she was given the shot and said that the cat gave her a look that said "thank you."

I hope that you can be there to say goodbye.

no ack.
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
            He looks like a good cat. I still miss my cat that died 10 years ago.

JM
            Yeah, I miss my cat which was like 14 years old when it died. It appears the old kitty just got to old and slow so one day a coyote caught here.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Mine got ran over once too many times. After surviving a couple years after kidney? failure.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Sorry to have to tell you that Fluffy is gone. We thought he was constipated so we tried to make an appointment with the vet to check him out – vet was booked up so we made an appointment at the Animal Hospital for this evening to see a vet there. The problem turned out to be fluid build up in his stomach due to his liver cancer/problems; because of the fluid build up, his stomach was distended and even though he was hungry he couldn’t eat and then because he couldn’t eat he was getting weaker all the time and starting to stumble around and just couldn’t get around very well. He was very emaciated – all skin and bones with a distended belly. He didn’t seem to be in pain but he would only sit with mom and didn’t do much else. He was fading away very quickly and we didn’t want him to suffer so we had to make a very tough decision. Mom held him while the vet injected an overdose of an anesthetic and he just went to sleep very quickly and peacefully, with his head on mom’s shoulder.

Almost made it...I fly home a week today.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

RIP
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Condolences, Asher.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Sorry you didn't make it in time, Asher.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My condolences.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Asher. My 15 year old cat has gone through some tough stuff recently. Just got back to see him with the fam. He's like an old man now (consider that 15 for them is like 90 for us, it's not a surprise), but my mother says he perks up in the evening. But really, it just seems like a matter of time. Hopefully, a long time.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Comment

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X