Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liver Failure

My 14 year old cat is sick.

He was 10lbs in June, and he's 6lbs(!) now. The Vet did bloodwork on him 'cause his gums are yellow (hinting at liver problems). Sure enough his liver is failing and his kidneys are in "rough shape" also.

He's always been perfectly healthy until now, I'd always assumed my 15lbs cat with digestive problems would go first.

I'll post pictures when I get home later tonight. Before he was sick, obviously, the cat is back home in Calgary right now.

He's been in some pictures of me I've posted here over the years anyway.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

I sure hate to hear it, Asher.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I've been here before (though, it was the kidneys that did in my Samantha ) so you have my sympathy. It's hard to watch your pet ...your baby... slowly whither away.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Never thought I'd have sympathy for Asher.
        But having had to say goodbye to many pets over the years...............

Good luck.
        And don't fall for the dialysis costs or the transplant line.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: Liver Failure

Originally posted by Asher
          My 14 year old cat is sick.

He was 10lbs in June, and he's 6lbs(!) now. The Vet did bloodwork on him 'cause his gums are yellow (hinting at liver problems). Sure enough his liver is failing and his kidneys are in "rough shape" also.

He's always been perfectly healthy until now, I'd always assumed my 15lbs cat with digestive problems would go first.

I'll post pictures when I get home later tonight. Before he was sick, obviously, the cat is back home in Calgary right now.

He's been in some pictures of me I've posted here over the years anyway.

Good luck, you and kitty both.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

That doesn't sound good. A couple of years ago my old cat got kidney problems - It simply refused to eat any more and I had to have the vet put it to sleep.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

You're meant to feed cats milk not vodka.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Yeah, my mother's cat died very recently...cancer of the mouth...not a nice thing to lose a pet. Problem with the little blighters is that they just don't last as long as we do
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
                  You're meant to feed cats milk not vodka.
                  Actually, milk isn't recommended. My cats always got sick after some milk.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Re: Re: Liver Failure

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Good luck, you and kitty both.

Actually, milk isn't recommended. My cats always got sick after some milk.

Mixing it with some water often does the trick.

You can - obviously - give them cat milk but that's even more expensive than normal milk. It's based on soja IIRC.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The first time I had to put one of my cats down, it was one of the toughest, most emotionally wrenching things I've ever done. Xenon had pituitary problems at age 14, went from ten pounds to four. Making the decision to euthanize... man, that was tough! I was with him at the end and I'm not ashamed to say, cried like a baby. Afterwards, I went for a long walk in the woods. To this day, I still see him out of the corner of my eye from time to time...

My deepest sympathies, Asher. Hang in there, man.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

So...it's liver cancer. He's too old and weak for any operation.

So when he starts to be in pain...we'll put him down.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The one on the left is Fluffy.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Chilling under the coffee table.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X