When the hell will the Yanks learn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started swimming, subman.

Was running 5k twice a day, but it was destroying my knees. I'm not so young any more. Had my 5 k time down to 18 and change.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
      I am saying you should want to know about it yourself and go explore it. Sheesh. you sound like one of those people who thinks that NPR is intelligent.
      Getting to know my country more is not a bad idea, but I think you have missed the point of my research. It is not that I am trying to learn about the U.S., but rather learn how others view us.
      Elle's site

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        I started swimming, subman.

Was running 5k twice a day, but it was destroying my knees. I'm not so young any more. Had my 5 k time down to 18 and change.

Good man. I worked out for 6 of the last 7 days and avoided alcohol. Except for today. I've lost 8 pounds, but need to lose another 40. Then I would be cut. Am lifting and in some cases feel strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by elle

Getting to know my country more is not a bad idea, but I think you have missed the point of my research. It is not that I am trying to learn about the U.S., but rather learn how others view us.
          No. I did not miss that. It was pretty frigging clear. What are you? So dumb that you think I'm dumb?

Comment

If you argue with him he'll call you a worm and then challenge you to a fight.
            Elle's site

Comment

• I am the first person ever to be put on ignore at Poly. And Kitty was the one who did it to me.

Comment

• (disclaimer, posting after reading pages 1 and 2)

My initial thought was woohoo, good on yer canada, that'll show those arrogant bastards. Then I thought about it, and realised there was no intonation that the knifer was a nice guy, and that there was no apparent crime. Then I felt a bit bad. Maybe the american was actually minding his own business, being a nice traveller in a foreign land. But someone took offense to him cos they were having a bad day, knifed him for being a yankee. And that makes me sad.

If pages 3 and 4 showed a different story, and not the canada/usa/rest of the world **** fest as expected, i apologise.

I don't like myself for the times I jump to conclusions, I try to avoid common lynchmobs (anti-usa, anti-microsoft, anti-muslim) but sometimes I agree and slip in. It's unfortunate and I think most of us are just as susceptible.

As an explanation for why I might sometimes hate americans, Drake, slowwhand and kuci are prime examples. They would do well to look back at their past posts and think why they might be inflammatory. But i'm pretty sure they meant their posts to be that way, if so F*** you

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
                  I am the first person ever to be put on ignore at Poly. And Kitty was the one who did it to me.
                  Fine. But I don't play like that.
                  Elle's site

Comment

• Put KH on Ignore, or just glue his finger tips to his eye lids.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• KH seems pretty reasonable to me, unlike you mr troll.

Comment

• You don't seem too silent to me.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Old name, old habits. Don't see you disputing anything.

Comment

• I dispute the whole concept of this thread, and the thread as it exists. How much more dispute do you want?

Comment

• But as always, you have no substance. Plenty of complaint, i'll give you that.

Comment

I started swimming, subman.

Bikes are great for low impact. Take up a lot of time, though.

As for the knifing, the sailor must have been kicking Halifax ass for them to resort to the knife.

Only broken men in Halifax.
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X