Godmen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godmen!

Oct. 30, 2006 - This wasn’t your Daddy’s religious revival. Last Saturday morning, 200 Christian men gathered in a downtown warehouse in Nashville for a day-long spiritual extravaganza. Inside, strobe lights flashed, and tracks by the Killers thumped from speakers stacked on either side of a stage. Four large video screens showed clips of karate fights, car chases and Jackass-style stunts. Then the music lowered and Christian comedian Brad Stine appeared. With his rat-a-tat delivery and aggressive style, Stine quickly whipped the crowd into a chorus of “Amens!” “A lot of guys out there wouldn’t have the balls to be here,” he shouted. “Are you ready to be a man? Are you ready to kick ass? Are you ready to grab your sword and say, ‘OK family, I’m going to lead you?’ Buckle up. This is GodMen!”

WTF? Both hyperreligosity and the perpetuation of harmful male stereotypes...my god, its an abomination
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

well I have to hand it to the christians. They are trying to be smart about this.

when I was a kid, religious kids were considered gay. And religion in general is gay. So I can't blame them for going for a more masculine approach.

But nothing can rival the coolness of satanism. Satanic songs are just so much better than christian songs.

Comment

Re: Godmen!

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Oct. 30, 2006 - This wasn’t your Daddy’s religious revival. Last Saturday morning, 200 Christian men gathered in a downtown warehouse in Nashville for a day-long spiritual extravaganza. Inside, strobe lights flashed, and tracks by the Killers thumped from speakers stacked on either side of a stage. Four large video screens showed clips of karate fights, car chases and Jackass-style stunts. Then the music lowered and Christian comedian Brad Stine appeared. With his rat-a-tat delivery and aggressive style, Stine quickly whipped the crowd into a chorus of “Amens!” “A lot of guys out there wouldn’t have the balls to be here,” he shouted. “Are you ready to be a man? Are you ready to kick ass? Are you ready to grab your sword and say, ‘OK family, I’m going to lead you?’ Buckle up. This is GodMen!”

WTF? Both hyperreligosity and the perpetuation of harmful male stereotypes...my god, its an abomination
        harmful male stereotypes? Perhaps we need to discuss this sometime (in another thread). Men are men. And yes I do realize there is the follow the herd mentality and that men copy each other. But even when isolated men generally act like men.

Comment

That may be the stupidest thing I've seen you say, Dis.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            That may be the stupidest thing I've seen you say, Dis.
            I'm pretty sure I have said stupider things.

So what are you saying? Men should act like pansies? I don't understand.

Comment

You said that yourself.

And religion in general is gay. So I can't blame them for going for a more masculine approach.
              Let's see your ass go wrestle some lions.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand Let's see your ass go wrestle some lions.
                I don't think that the Christians did that by choice.
                I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  You said that yourself.

Let's see your ass go wrestle some lions.

not my problem. I'm not religious. But if I were, I think I'd enjoy this godmen stuff more than regular church. Though I'd still like to hear some Danzig over this godmen band.

Comment

Re: Re: Godmen!

Originally posted by Dis

Perhaps we need to discuss this sometime (in another thread).
                    Okay
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Satanic songs are just so much better than christian songs.

That's not really the case anymore. How long has it been since there's been a good band affiliated with Satan? Seems like the only devil-worshipping bands around today are ****ty Scandanavian metal groups...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Oh noes! God's assbuddies! I quake in my postmodern dainty boots!
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                          Satanic songs are just so much better than christian songs.

That's not really the case anymore. How long has it been since there's been a good band affiliated with Satan? Seems like the only devil-worshipping bands around today are ****ty Scandanavian metal groups...
                          true, most of that black metal I can't get into. They might have one song I can tolerate (usually a cover), that's about it.

Comment

Preaching "be a man!" and that one has to "kick ass" and "buckle up" to be religious is pure pandering.

This is not religion. This is fundraising.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

yeah I do wonder how much money they have to pay for these seminars or whatever they are.

Comment

Working...
                              X