Got a fleshy bod,
    Now he's the incarnate God!
    Since he came to Earth
    In the immaculate virgin birth!

Nobody helped him--
    They just nailed him to a cross!
    It's the second coming--
    Now he'll show them who's boss!

This parody could probably be improved a great deal, but it's been years since I had to listen to Black Sabbath while my brother played their albums over and over again in his room. I seem to recall little snippets like "vengeance from the grave, killed the people he once saved," and "running as fast as they can, Iron Man lives again." I guess I could look it up online, but I'm lazy.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
      well I have to hand it to the christians. They are trying to be smart about this.

when I was a kid, religious kids were considered gay. And religion in general is gay. So I can't blame them for going for a more masculine approach.

But nothing can rival the coolness of satanism. Satanic songs are just so much better than christian songs.

hasidic reggae

hasidic reggae actually becoming a hit
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

This was a gathering of 200 people (had room for 700). Yes, they paid to get in. It was billed as a one-time thing.

The group is an offshoot of Promise Keepers (not affiliated) and the Samson Society. It's a lay group ("because men don't like being preached to"). Yes, they are selling the 4 DVD set of the day's highlights for $79.

I admire their ability to generate publicity.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
        X