No announcement yet.

India abolishes husbands' 'right' to rape wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The day women start voting as women , politicians will jump through hoops to pander to their slightest whims ( and thereby get their votes ) .
    Democracy, baby. Gotta get organized!

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
      Get a divorce and boink who you want. If you can't get a divorce because your society is backwards, well, perhaps an "arrangement" could be reached with the ice queen that is mutually agreeable.

-Arrian
      Zactly.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

So marriage is merely about sex ehhh? A longer term contract than say a spot price on the local prostitute.
        Yes, kind of. That's one half of it, another are feelings and stuff like this.
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Feelings and stuff like this
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

"I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

well done india

and in fairness to them they are only 15 years behind us in making marital rape illegal.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
                The fundamental problem is that stupid laws remain on the books far more than they should , simply because there is no political urgency to make them go away . There is no unified "woman" vote bank , so no politician bothers with updating laws when it will not win them votes . The day women start voting as women , politicians will jump through hoops to pander to their slightest whims ( and thereby get their votes ) .
                Pretty much. Here in the states there are tons of inane and outdated state and local laws that are basically ignored untill a fundy starts taking them seriously.

Comment

The issue of dowry murders has been longstanding. Spousal rape is just one aspect of this new law.

The problem wasn't that there isn't a law against murdering your wife, it was that the murders were ignored if it were obviously a dowry murder. So this law is simply shining a spotlight on what had been in the shadows.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by alva

EDIT: pffff, just a little fun, no need to get so worked up over it.

Might I add that I censored it allready, before posting.
                    Oh, I didn't say it wasn't funny (it was) I just thought it was a good way of getting yourself banned for a day.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Re: India abolishes husbands' 'right' to rape wife

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                      Nice to see some countries finally emerging from the Dark Ages...

It is unfortunate that many still seek to drag yet others back...
                      Until you started being an arrogant jackass in later posts, I was amazed to find the one post of the year on which you and I probably agree.

There will probably be another one in a year or so.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

As much as I love trolling aneeshm, this topic is really stupid.
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                          As much as I love trolling, aneeshm is really stupid.
                          Discuss the topic, not the posters.
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                            Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                            As much as I love trolling, aneeshm is really stupid.
                            Discuss the topic, not the posters.
                            Well, okay, I can't disagree with you
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                            X