Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok
    Muslims have the right to rape multiple wives! [/Aneeshm]
    Technically true* , but utterly irrelevant .

*In case you want the references :

'Your wives are your field, Go in therefore to your field when or how you will, but do first some act for your soul's good...' ( Quran 2.223)

'When one of you is charmed by a woman and she affects your heart he should go to his wife and have intercourse with her, for that will repel what he is felling.'

'If any man sees a woman who charms him, he should go to his wife, for she has the same kind of thing as the other woman'

(MISHKAT, 1, P. 662)

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

I'm actually surprised no one (looking at you Aneeshm) has posted the Sheikh Taj El-din El-Hilaly's (Australian's chief cleric) "comparison of women to raw meat" story yet.
      Firstly - it has been posted already .

More importantly , I didn't think it worthy of much comment , but I now realise that others would have found it so . After having gone through a number of fatwas on these topics , I thought that everyone knew that this was the orthodox position of all schools of Islamic law on women . I was wrong . Most people have no idea what the position is .

This site will give an idea of how the Prophet himself behaved with women and of his attitude towards them . The numbers given are Hadith reference numbers .

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

Firstly - it has been posted already .

Damn. :embarrassed:

Where?

edit - Doh!!!! Bebro posted it.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
          A great number of our laws need an overhaul , because they haven't changed from the British laws of the 1800s and 1900s we inherited .
          Nice try, instead of admitting your nation's responsibility - blame another.

The British when they colonised an area usually maintained the status quo by being very tolerant of the native culture and allowing it to keep its customary laws - all the better to pacify the locals etc.

Any British laws that were introduced regarding 'rape', would have been purely to making it easier for us to despoil your country of its natural resources...

But hey, if you want to try that kind of cop out (and certainly slow-witted individuals on this thread have been sucked in), then please - show me the piece of British originated law that was expressly written to allow the local populace to rape their own wives.

Face it, your country has been independent of the UK for over 50 years - so it's not the fault of the British that India is still a backward mysoginistic caste-ridden society...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

There was no law, Indian or British, that was expressly written to allow the local populace to rape their own wives. Try again.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

The point is up until now - there was no law expressly written to forbid the local populace to rape their own wives!!!

Don't try and defend the indefensible!

Comment

Also, aneeshm is absolutely right in saying that alot of our laws are in need of an overhaul because they are vestiges of colonial times. To say this isn't to blame the British, nor to avoid responsibility, it's just fact - the Indian Penal Code was written by the British. Try again.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                  The point is up until now - there was no law expressly written to forbid the local populace to rape their own wives!!!

Don't try and defend the indefensible!
                  Nobody is defending the indefensible. Everyone agrees that this new law has been a long time coming. Nobody is trying to "cop out." So your request to be shown "the piece of British originated law that was expressly written to allow the local populace to rape their own wives" is silly.

Comment

Mobius, don't you have a street to play in?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                      Also, aneeshm is absolutely right in saying that alot of our laws are in need of an overhaul because they are vestiges of colonial times. To say this isn't to blame the British, nor to avoid responsibility, it's just fact - the Indian Penal Code was written by the British. Try again.
                      Think you might have missed this...

Face it, your country has been independent of the UK for over 50 years - so it's not the fault of the British that India is still a backward mysoginistic caste-ridden society...

Maybe I should add incompetent to the list as well...?

Comment

How progressive.

Yet, I think that if a wife denies sex for her husband, she has no right to complain if he betrays her
                        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                        Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                          How progressive.

Yet, I think that if a wife denies sex for her husband, she has no right to complain if he betrays her

So marriage is merely about sex ehhh? A longer term contract than say a spot price on the local prostitute.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            Mobius, don't you have a street to play in?
                            A lot of laws, despite injustice and a lack of popular agreement with them, will remain on the books for a staggeringly long time. Look at our state anti-sodomy laws. I think MD still had one at the time the SCOTUS said such laws were unconstitutional. It's not that my state has a particular hatred of homosexuals. I had no idea it was illegal until it was brought up in a Psych class.

Now, if the right to spouse-rape was something actively condoned, that's a different matter. Do we have evidence that such is the case? I didn't read the linked article in the OP... EDIT: Yes, it seems it was. N/M.

Ogie: Marriage is more than that, yes, but if he can't get it from her can she blame him for getting it from somebody else? Or is he expected to jerk off forever like the guy from American Beauty?
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The fundamental problem is that stupid laws remain on the books far more than they should , simply because there is no political urgency to make them go away . There is no unified "woman" vote bank , so no politician bothers with updating laws when it will not win them votes . The day women start voting as women , politicians will jump through hoops to pander to their slightest whims ( and thereby get their votes ) .

Comment

Get a divorce and boink who you want. If you can't get a divorce because your society is backwards, well, perhaps an "arrangement" could be reached with the ice queen that is mutually agreeable.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X