No announcement yet.

Women without headscarf are like "uncovered meat", inviting rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. That comment in the OP was dumb and insulting.
    2. The sexual discrimination commissioner was also dumb and insulting to those of us who believe in freedom of speech.
    3. Anyone supporting 'minimal social values prior to immigrating' for America is a communist or a fascist (your choice!) and should be deported at once. America was founded on tolerance for opinions, and in my imaginary dream world still has such. The great thing about my imaginary dream world America, is that you can think and say *whatever you want* as long as you don't violate someone else's basic rights. I have no problem with an idiot who thinks the above living in this country (if he were to move here from Down Under), as long as he isn't credibly or actively inciting rape itself (which he isn't, as far as I am concerned).
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

he has been banned from giving religious speeches for like 4 months
      I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
        2. The sexual discrimination commissioner was also dumb and insulting to those of us who believe in freedom of speech.
        So you think an imam has a right to free speech, and can insult whoever he want but a commissioner can't?

Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

I'm saying that beliefs such as women who don't wear scarves or chadors are asking to be raped and that it is the women's fault when they are raped is unacceptable. There should be some sort of test where people show they understand such basic social concepts before they immigrate so that no one can later claim they didn't understand the concept. The test should include a lot more about history, culture, the way the government functions, rights and responsibilites, the legal process, etc...
          Oh, sorry, the "he" was referring to the mullah person.
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
            No, he's comparing muslim men to cats, implying that muslim men are just about as accountable for their actions as are cats. Since accountability requires a degree of intelligence, willingness, psychological balance, and moral education he's implying that muslim men are lacking in one or more of those departments. Personally, if I were a muslim I'd declare that it was time for a good old fashioned fatwa.

It was extremely imprecisely worded.

Of course cats are to blame. Raw meat is an inanimate object no more to blame than a rock, a piece of paper or a comfy chair.

And yes this implication that men are beasts without control is abhorrent to say the least. Heck with the implied insult and denigration of women, its insulting in the extreme to men as well!!
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

1. That comment in the OP was dumb and insulting.
              3. Anyone supporting 'minimal social values prior to immigrating' for America is a communist or a fascist (your choice!) and should be deported at once. America was founded on tolerance for opinions, and in my imaginary dream world still has such. The great thing about my imaginary dream world America, is that you can think and say *whatever you want* as long as you don't violate someone else's basic rights. I have no problem with an idiot who thinks the above living in this country (if he were to move here from Down Under), as long as he isn't credibly or actively inciting rape itself (which he isn't, as far as I am concerned).
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                So you think an imam has a right to free speech, and can insult whoever he want but a commissioner can't?
                Commissioners can insult whoever they want, but a government member calling for someone's deportation because of something s/he said is quite different.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

IIRC, the US has limited immigration in the past due to certain reasons.....I don't even think it is a problem, any state can decide who can become citizen and who not. That has nothing to do with fascism.....
                  Blah

Comment

Ummm, yeah.

Actually the cat-food stuff simply wasn't the most offensive part of what he had to say.

Latest news on politics, business, lifestyle, sports and more from Turkey and the world at DailySabah.com

"If you put meat uncovered in the street, cat comes and eats it. So, who is to blame? Cat or meat? If the woman stays in her home wearing turban, nothing bad happens to her. However, women wear immodest clothes, make up and go out in the streets. The after being raped, the raping man is penalized with 65 years of imprisonment. It is not fair."
                    I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

The great thing about my imaginary dream world America, is that you can think and say *whatever you want* as long as you don't violate someone else's basic rights.
                      Your imaginary dream world sounds like a wonderful place.

Let's just run through that one more time for the dummys...

"... after being raped, the raping man is penalized with 65 years of imprisonment. It is not fair."

Comment

Long-time Jeddah resident Zaheer Iqbal said, “... While the Danish court was delivering a license to offend Muslims, in another culturally Western country an imam, who was simply trying to preach to his congregation the virtues of decency, was being forced to apologize for something taken completely out of context,” he said.

I'm not normally one to go fanning the flames. But this one puses my limit pretty hard.

Comment

Latest news on politics, business, lifestyle, sports and more from Turkey and the world at DailySabah.com

the statement of mufti of Australia and New Zealand were condemned by turkish theologians:

Professor Bekir Karlýða said: "such primitive men do not know what they are saying." Zekeriya Beyaz said: "this man is living in the age of illiteracy during the 6th century."
                          But as for me, this guy should be trialed for inciting to rape.
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                            this guy should be trialed for inciting to rape.
                            Frogs

Unbelievably, it's actually more serious than that.

Racist rapes: Finally the truth comes out
                            So now we know the facts, straight from the Supreme Court, that a group of Lebanese Muslim gang rapists from south-western Sydney hunted their victims on the basis of their ethnicity and subjected them to hours of degrading, dehumanising torture. The young women, and girls as young as 14, were "sluts" and "Aussie pigs", the rapists said. So now that some of the perpetrators are in jail, will those people who cried racism and media "sensationalism" hang their heads in shame? Hardly.

Sending good muslim boys to jail for pack-raping a bunch of Aussie sluts?!!

It's just,.. just,...

So unfair!!

Comment

Were there people who actually cried "racism" and "media sensationalism?" Or is it just media sensationalism on the part of the newspaper?

Comment

do You think it is that what mufti had on mind?
                                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                                Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                                X