Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bollinger and Cassell are the QBs, guess the game's over...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
      hmm, so the Steelers look to make that club of superbowl teams to win the superbowl and not even make the playoffs the next year. Not looking too good.

Actually, I can't think of the other teams on that list to win the superbowl to not make the playoffs the next year.
      I don't have a list, but the post-game just flashed a graphic showing that New England missed the playoffs in 2002 (9-7) after winning the Super Bowl in 2001.

they then went on to win the SB in 2003 and 2004...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• IIRC, the Broncos missed the playoffs the year after Elway retired. I'd imagine if a star player retires at the "top of their game", it'll really mess up a team's chances the next year.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I don't have a list, but the post-game just flashed a graphic showing that New England missed the playoffs in 2002 (9-7) after winning the Super Bowl in 2001.
          Yes... that was the year Imran called them pretenders

Comment

• Can't call Brees a momma's boy

When New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees couldn't get his mom on the phone recently, he did what any loving son would do: He asked his agent to threaten a lawsuit against her.

Turns out Mina Brees, an attorney in Austin, may have shown a few of her son's highlights while campaigning for a spot on Texas' 3rd Court of Appeals.

Brees said his relationship with his mom has been "non-existent" since he didn't hire her as his agent six years ago.

Back in the old days, politicians simply came up with simple slogans like, "My son's an NFL quarterback and yours is in the marching band."

Those were simpler times.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Frozzy
              Yes... that was the year Imran called them pretenders
              And they missed the playoffs, so I was right .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Are those NFL highlights? Cuz the NFL could be sending her cease & desist orders, too, if she doesn't have permission.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• I don't know what they are. Probably.

It's all just so stupid.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Mama, don't let your babies grow up to be NFL quarterbacks, whose highlights you might use illegally in political campaigns without obtaining the express written permission of the NFL.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• www.nfl.com poll for the day.

Who is the better quarterback?
                      Tom Brady
                      Peyton Manning

Comment

• It's laughable that anyone even tries to compare them.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Did you vote?

Comment

• Meh, I don't usually bother voting on silly online polls, but what the hell.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              www.nfl.com poll for the day.

Who is the better quarterback?
                              Tom Brady
                              Peyton Manning
                              It really depends on your definition of "better"... Peyton by far is better from a statistical stand point. But he has played poorly in "big games"... on the other hand, Brady is mister clutch in big games.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I chose Manning. The temptation was there to say Brady.

Comment

Working...
                                X