Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy, the Indy-Philly game is shaping up as a massacre. Just 18 minutes in and it's already:

Addai 14
    Philly 0
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Make it 21 minutes, 21 points...

Addai 21
      Philly 0
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
        Boy, the Indy-Philly game is shaping up as a massacre. Just 18 minutes in and it's already:

Addai 21
        Philly 0
        Yeah, Al Michaels is already saying "Remember there was another game today where a Manning was up 21 - 0".

D

Comment

Asante Samuels played a helluva game. His performance made up for all the NE turnovers. He never let Berrian get behind him, and took advantage of Grossman's mistakes. Should be defensive player of the week.

While there were a ton of turnovers, they were mostly caused by tough D. Both teams moved the ball pretty well, but long drives are tough to sustain when two good, ball-hawking defenses take the field.

Disappointed Bears fan? Sure.

But they showed they can hang with a good AFC team, on the road, even when Rex is not at his best. The running game was decent and the defense played pretty well despite giving Brady too much time. Hell, take away the Pats long FG (first attempt was a miss, but Lovie called TO) and give one to the Beloved (who had one blocked), and it's a different game.

Now we go back to hoping Grossman actually learns from these experiences...
          Da Bears were running the ball so effectively, they could have won the game had they stopped Brady on the drive where NE scored to go ahead for good. But Brady was brilliant. Once NE was ahead, da Bears had to rely on Grossman; but, he was stinking up the field in the second half. So he threw two more interceptions, IIRC.

Game ball to Brady.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• I just learned that the Giants were tied 21-21 and in FG range when Eli Manning threw an unforced INT. Tennessee rolls down into FG range and it's over.

Coughlin called him out in the post-game press conference. He must still be spitting blood.

Comment

• The biggest problem is when Young was CAUGHT for a sack by Kiwanuka (sp?) on one of those drives and wasn't brought down... Coughlin was livid after that... that would have ended it.
              Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; November 26, 2006, 22:50.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
                Did anyone know about Imran's favorite player giving the Atlanta fans the double bird?

ACK!
                '

He shouldn't have done that... they probably weren't booing him. He was the only one who was doing anything today.

Though my favorite player wasn't playing today. He plays tomorrow night.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I have to say I'm turning over in my head every fifteen seconds in this game... my fantasy lineup has (Westbrook + Peyton) versus (Stallworth + 50), in a catch/inc. league. Normally in a 35+ point Indy game I'd be fine, but with only 1 TD pass it's iffy... and then westbrook finally decides to score a TD and i'm back in the game again

Even if it's not particularly close on the scoreboard fantasy makes it interesting
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Though my favorite player wasn't playing today. He plays tomorrow night.
                    Seneca Wallace?

Comment

• favre
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Grr, stop handing him the ball, THROW, peyton ... that's what you're paid for ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          The biggest problem is when Young was CAUGHT for a sack by Kiwanuka (sp?) on one of those drives and wasn't brought down... Coughlin was livid after that... that would have ended it.
                          Yeah, it was like 4th and 19 when it happened. Kiwanuke said he thought the ball had been thrown and didn't want to get a roughing call.

It was a boneheaded mistake, but it's also a great example of how the emphasis on "protecting the quarterback" rules can interfere with the proper playing of the game. In this case, it cost a team a win.

Comment

• Went to watch the Bears/Pats, and a game of hot potato(e) broke out!

What do you expect with a Bears team where the Defense likes to take it and the offense likes to give it away!
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Kiwanuke said he thought the ball had been thrown and didn't want to get a roughing call.

It was a boneheaded mistake, but it's also a great example of how the emphasis on "protecting the quarterback" rules can interfere with the proper playing of the game. In this case, it cost a team a win.
                              Definitely ... roughing the passer calls are really hurting defensive play IMO

Now somebody call INDY and ask them to pass the ball a bit ... I'm only 12 points down and they haven't passed once this drive

Comment

• I think the whole "I didn't want to rough the passer" is a silly excuse. How hard is it to look UP and see if the ball is still there?! I don't think Coughlin is going to buy that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X