Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland has given up less points than most other teams. It's not their defense.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
      I'm not piling on Vick (re that play). I'm just saying it's a pretty big assumption to say it was a designed play. Look, if you need to believe that he underthrew it on purpose, nothing I write is going to change your mind.
      Designed play not as in how it was drawn up, but as in Vick seeing where the WR was compared to the CB and trying to throw it a bit under, to give the WR a better shot at the ball.

But certain facts remain:
      The Falcons D gave up 31 points. They did not play consistently well. They basically played a half. That's not enough, especially against a good offense.

That I agree with. I simply felt that the team would have played like they did for all of the 2nd and 3rd Q (minus one play) in the 4th, if the Falcons score there... a new jolt of life.

Meanwhile, the Chicago-NE game has become the turnover bowl.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Bears-Pats is turnover city.

Edit: That's what I get for not refreshing.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Lousy interference call.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• Ah. There's your pass interference call back.
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• The fact that they "need a jolt" to play well is sad.

A good team puts bad plays behind them and hunkers down to do the job at hand. I would suggest that the Falcons are pretty weak in this regard. Certainly they were today.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The fact that they "need a jolt" to play well is sad.

A good team puts bad plays behind them and hunkers down to do the job at hand. I would suggest that the Falcons are pretty weak in this regard. Certainly they were today.
                Of course it's sad, but a lot of squads rely on momentum. We can't all have the Patriots' or Bears' defenses .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• And another. The refs finally solve the Pats D for the Bears.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Bears tie it up.

For the record, pass interference was the correct call on that deep play to Berrian.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yes, pass interference was indeed the correct call on Berrian. Too bad they didn't call it on him.

Comment

Bears tie it up.

For the record, pass interference was the correct call on that deep play to Berrian.
                        Sure it was, but they called it on the wrong player. Should have been called on Berrian.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• The defender was pushing him for the last 15 yds of the route. The Pats DBs have been getting away with it all day long.

Comment

• Heady play by Brady. Urlacher should be deeply ashamed.

Comment

• Brady faked out Urlacher and scrambled 11 yds for 1st down!

Comment

• 17-10 Pats. Impressive drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X