This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See this?

A. Brooks 6 of 10 for 61 yds, tied so far with Chargers.
    He's run 1 time today, after getting his ass unbenched.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• CAN NO ONE STOP TOMLINSON????????
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Short answer, no.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Did anyone notice the top 5 rushing QBs of all time?

Vick is 3rd.

Only 1 of the 5 has won a Super Bowl and only after he became a pocket passer.

Steve Young.

Vick may be too short to be a pocket passer, he's only 6 ft. tall.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
            C'mon Imran, quit being such an apoologist for Vick. That pass was underthrown because he was hit as he threw.

And the fact that anyone could miss Brian Finneran speaks volumes.
            He was hit as he threw, but the way White was perfectly in position indicated that an underthrow was designed... or that White is so horrible that he was incredibly out of position for a non-underthrow pass... which because of the hit put him in good position.

And yes, it does speak volumes. Finneran had the surest hands on the team by far.

[q=snoopy369]His receivers dropped 4 or 5 passes that were well thrown (or at least catchable without a miraculous catch) and would have been first downs. His statline of course isn't going to be 19/24 for 250, but 12/24,150 plus 150yds on the ground is not bad in my opinion ...[/q]

Indeed... and probably results in a win. Last week it was even worse as 6 of those 7 drops were for 1st downs and the game ended up being so close in the end.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Giants have converted two early turnovers into scores.
              21-0 already...
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• This is what kills me.

A college freshman QB gets verbally crucified by Imran.
                A seasoned NFL qb, has all kinds of excuses made for him.

Imran, your judgment of QB sucks as badly as Vick.

Comment

• A college freshman QB gets verbally crucified by Imran.

Errr. when he's not ready for primetime and the coaches put him in, then yah, I'm going to crucify him.

Lets make a deal Sloww... You take Stafford THIS year and I'll take McCoy for the Bulldogs THIS year. You gonna make that trade? And if so, what is the Longhorns record this year?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

He was hit as he threw, but the way White was perfectly in position indicated that an underthrow was designed... or that White is so horrible that he was incredibly out of position for a non-underthrow pass... which because of the hit put him in good position.

And yes, it does speak volumes. Finneran had the surest hands on the team by far.

[q=snoopy369]His receivers dropped 4 or 5 passes that were well thrown (or at least catchable without a miraculous catch) and would have been first downs. His statline of course isn't going to be 19/24 for 250, but 12/24,150 plus 150yds on the ground is not bad in my opinion ...[/q]

Indeed... and probably results in a win. Last week it was even worse as 6 of those 7 drops were for 1st downs and the game ended up being so close in the end.
                    C'mon Imran, now you're just embarrassing yourself.

1. White saw the underthrow and came back for the ball. He and the DB were stride for stride, but Roddy looked back and made a move for the ball. To suggest that throwing it up for grabs was somehow planned is naive at best.

2. "...probably results in a win"????????? Uh, dude, the game was 31-13. It was a team loss. It wasn't close. They imploded, at home, playing against a poor defense. Saying they could have won with a few less drops is like saying I should be a millionaire except for neglecting to buy Google stock.

Comment

• How about this? I'll take Stafford and you take Vick.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                        C'mon Imran, now you're just embarrassing yourself.

1. White saw the underthrow and came back for the ball. He and the DB were stride for stride, but Roddy looked back and made a move for the ball. To suggest that throwing it up for grabs was somehow planned is naive at best.

2. "...probably results in a win"????????? Uh, dude, the game was 31-13. It was a team loss. It wasn't close. They imploded, at home, playing against a poor defense. Saying they could have won with a few less drops is like saying I should be a millionaire except for neglecting to buy Google stock.
                        But it wasn't exactly "up for grabs" was it (the closest DB was at least 5 yards away)? I mean someone like Peyton Manning throws a purposeful underthrow and its great, but Vick, nah, he didn't mean it (I'm NOT comparing Manning to Vick, Slow... I'm NOT, I'm just comparing underthrows). Plenty of QBs will throw a bit under when a reciever is stride for stride with a DB, which may give the WR a better play on the ball.

And yes, probably results in a win. At the time they are down by 8. Missing that TD took all the air out of the Falcons and the Saints just slashed through a defense that really seemed to be out of the game. A TD there changes the momentum and you have a different games. On McAllister's last TD, he wasn't even touched.

Comment

• Sorry, I think it's a stretch to think that a TD there means a win. So they're down 1. What makes you think they're going to stop NO? NO responds with a score, they're down 8 again.
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• I'm thinking the momentum shift will allow the Falcons D to play tough against the Saints as they did in the 1st half. And lack of drops in 3rd down situations would lead to a drive or two where a FG may result instead of a punt at midfield.

A stretch, perhaps, but I think the shift would have been pretty big.

Comment

• It's all but official...

Plummer out, Cutler in in Denver
                              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• 1. As you yourself admitted, Vick was hit as he threw. how you can claim there was any intent involved is entirely beyond me.

2. The Saints slashed through the Falcons "defense" ALL DAY LONG.

If the Falcons are so faint-hearted that they can't be bothered to stop a basic off-tackle run, if they are so incompetent that they allow a hail-mary at the end of the half, what makes you think that they wouldn't continue their massive incompetence and find another way to shoot themselves in the foot just because White makes the catch?

Put down the Kool-Aid and join the real world, my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X