This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    What a crazy week. Jets win after looking crap last week. Buffalo without McGahee loses by only 1 against Indy (maybe it was a letdown game for them). KC gets beat down by Miami, who has won 2 in a row behind Joey Harrington (no Ints for him).
    As for Buffalo/Indy, I can tell you that the game wasn't any sort of sign that Buffalo is any good.

First, Indy rested safety Bob Sanders. He's the best defensive player on the entire team when he's healthy. He played hurt against New England because that was a key game, but they've gone back to letting him recover.

Second, they were close only because of a 68 yard fumble recovery return. Fumble recoveries and fumble return lengths are both entirely luck. Footballs bounce crazily, and had Utecht dropped it slightly differently, it could have bounced forward to one of the Colts receivers or something like that.

Third, Indianapolis had the ball in field goal range at the end, but they started kneeling instead of trying to score.

Don't worry, Buffalo still sucks.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Oh, and Jesus ****ing Christ look at Chad Johnson's stat line.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• Yeah, he had the second best line in that game.

Tomlinson: 22 for 104 4YDs, 6 catches for 54 yds.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• **** tomlinson

Ming
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I think 260 yards receiving trumps 4 TDs in terms of impressive outings.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• That must be second or third all time. I know that "Flipper" Anderson has the record with 330.

Comment

I think 260 yards receiving trumps 4 TDs in terms of impressive outings.
                I don't care. I don't have Johnson on my fantasy team.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think 260 yards receiving trumps 4 TDs in terms of impressive outings.
                  I think 24 out of 49 points trump 12 out of 41.

If you watched the game, Johnson had 125 of his 260 on the 2 TD passes.

ACK!

Comment

• Consider that all of LT's TDs where within the 10 yard line. If Johnson got that amount of touches at the goal line, I'm sure he'd have some more TDs too .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski

I think 24 out of 49 points trump 12 out of 41.

If you watched the game, Johnson had 125 of his 260 on the 2 TD passes.

ACK!
                      Imran is a stats guy. He doesn't watch or pay attention to what goes on in games... JUST GIVE HIM THE NUMBERS OKAY! That's all that matters.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Consider that all of LT's TDs where within the 10 yard line. If Johnson got that amount of touches at the goal line, I'm sure he'd have some more TDs too .
                        Yeah... red zone efficiency is soooooo overrated.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                          Yeah... red zone efficiency is soooooo overrated.
                          Well they kind of have Rudi Johnson for running it in close.

Comment

Well they kind of have Rudi Johnson for running it in close.
                            Because he's more efficient in the red zone than Chad.

Thanks for agreeing with me.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Because he's a running back... RBs get the ball far more inside the red zone than WRs. Team don't want the QB to make a mistake in the red zone. 4 TDs by a RB within 10 yards is less impressive than 260 yards receiving.

As the NFL record books says:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

4 TDs have been done "many times".

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                                That must be second or third all time. I know that "Flipper" Anderson has the record with 330.
                                Close, it was 336. Johnson doesn't make the top 3:

Most Yards Gained, Game
                                336 Willie Anderson, L.A. Rams vs. New Orleans, Nov. 26, 1989 (OT)

309 Stephone Paige, Kansas City vs. San Diego, Dec. 22, 1985

303 Jim Benton, Cleveland vs. Detroit, Nov. 22, 1945

ACK!

Comment

Working...
                                X