X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder where Sava is..........

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Another loss for the Cowboys. Come on draft pick!

Tell the Redskins, "wtg, dumbasses".
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Current question is, why don't the Steelers let Willie Parker run the ball more?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• SON OF A *****!!!!!!
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• What's the problem, Chief?

Comment

• PASSING
              CP/AT YDS TD INT
              P. Manning 8/10 140 1 0
              PASSING
              CP/AT YDS TD INT
              T. Brady 9/11 113 0 1

Comment

• The Curse of Vinateri has begun!!!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand Current question is, why don't the Steelers let Willie Parker run the ball more?
                  Cowher tends to panic and abandon the run when down by double digits. However, the passing game was working well today, and Parker was actively involved in it. Overall, he had 21 touches for 137 yards and two touchdowns. Mos tof those passes were screens / short dump offs that were basically runs. Parker had a good game overall.

Roethlisberger was also better than the stat line suggests. He had three interceptions, but only one was of any consequence. The other two were on hail mary passes. The first was funcitonally a punt, the second was a heave at the end of the game.

This loss was once again a result of some freaky fumbles. The Steelers twice fumbled inside the 5, and, with Roethlisberger's one meaningful inteception, had three turnovers in the red zone. They also had yet another costly kick return fumble. Teams rarely put up 500 yards of offense, dominate T.O.P. by ten minutes, yet lose the game.

Overall, this has been a very baffling and frustrating year. I've never seen a team shoot itself in the foot so many times.
                  I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• Roethlisberger wasn't ever ready to play this year. I mean physically in football shape.

Combine that with the loss of Bettis and Randl-El, add the fact that every team on your schedule is totally psyched to beat you, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

But I must admit, I'm surprised at the softness of the Steelers defense.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• W. Parker 14 Rush, 70 yds, 1 TD

Control the ball. Parker could do it.

Comment

• Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          W. Parker 14 Rush, 70 yds, 1 TD

Control the ball. Parker could do it.
                          I agree. Especially in the San Diego game. Parker was doing fine, then Cowher & co. decided to abandon the running game. There has been some strange play calling so far this year, though I don't fault the offensive play calling for what happened today. When you start out down by 14, you're bound to throw more often. Had the O been able to hold onto the ball in the red zone, the play calling would have changed and more runs would have been called.

Still, eliminate the fumbles and this game is utterly different. That could be said about 4 games this season (Cincy, Atlanta, Oakland, and Denver).
                          Last edited by Wycoff; November 6, 2006, 00:31.

Comment

• But I must admit, I'm surprised at the softness of the Steelers defense.
                            IMO, that's because we're missing Kimo von Oelhoffen and Chris Hope. von Oelhoffen was an overlooked keystone to last year's success. He dominated offensive tackles. Though the stats didn't show it, he helped make the 3-4 work. Kimo, along with Hampton, tied up the O-Line. They stuffed the run, which allowed the LBs to dedicate themselves more to the pass rush.

Kiesel, von Oelhoffen's replacement, seems to be too light for the position. He gets pushed around too much, which forces the LBs to play more conservatively in case of the run.

The Steelers' defensive scheme only works if there's consistent pressure on the QB. Without that pressure, opposing QBs can pick apart the D by attacking the cushions in the zones.

Chris Hope was our FS last year. While nothing special, he was better than his replacement, Ryan Clark. Clark is a glaring weakness in the secondary (along with Deshea Townshend, who's too short).

The D has looked good in spurts, but seems to fail at the most inopportune times.

Comment

• NFL POLL Which of these storylines was most compelling from Week 9?
                              Dolphins beating Bears
                              Vick shut down by Lions
                              Cowboys vs Redskins ending
                              Roethlisberger 433 yards in loss
                              Garrard possibly new Jags starter
                              Tomlinson on pace for record 30 TDs

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                                NFL POLL Which of these storylines was most compelling from Week 9?
                                Dolphins beating Bears
                                Vick shut down by Lions
                                Cowboys vs Redskins ending
                                Roethlisberger 433 yards in loss
                                Garrard possibly new Jags starter
                                Tomlinson on pace for record 30 TDs
                                I voted Dolphins/ Bears, but I may be slightly biased....

D

Comment

Working...
                                X