Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys have any video card suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope its not necessary. I have one of those silent computer cases. I haven't checked yet, but silent power supplies are probably more expensive.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

A power supply with a 12cm fan wouldn't be too loud. The Enermax Liberty series is one of the best PSU series out there, I think they make a 400W version.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

"Power supply", "PCI-E", "AGP".....

Just get a 360, it's easier!!

Comment

Here's a nifty little PSU calculator.

Power Supply Calculator - Select computer parts and our online PSU calculator will calculate the required power supply wattage and amperage for your PC.

Unless I missed something, I only need about 223W, and I included a 7600GT with that. So it would seem that 380W is more than enough.
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Yes, really, unless you're running SLI or several hard drives or overclocking like a beast, you don't really need that much wattage. What's more important is the voltage per rail and the amperage, not to mention efficiency. Usually, the higher quality PSUs like Enermax and Seasonic, while of higher wattage, also supply better quality power.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Just get a 360, it's easier!!
              I thought about it, too. But its much more expensive than 200$ cdn. About 600$ cdn plus taxes for the console plus something to play it on: either an HD TV (about 2K$ cdn) or a new widescreen LCD. Not to mention that there are not that many interesting games. Not to mention that I'm a bit concerned about the reliability issues that plague it. Better wait for the revised 360, with the new CPU that runs cooler and is more energy effcient (its already in the works).
              Last edited by Nostromo; October 24, 2006, 21:23.

Comment

Yes, really, unless you're running SLI or several hard drives or overclocking like a beast, you don't really need that much wattage. What's more important is the voltage per rail and the amperage, not to mention efficiency. Usually, the higher quality PSUs like Enermax and Seasonic, while of higher wattage, also supply better quality power.
                I have an Antec. Its pretty good quality, AFAIK.

Comment

Yup, it is, especially the Antec NeoHE.

Comment

Nos, whatXBox reliabilty issues?

Comment

It runs hot and dies on you. Not all of them, of course. But the percentage of failures is too high. Even Microsoft admitted as much, IRC.

Comment

Fingers crossed for mine....I'd guess it's covered in the guarantee though?

Comment

In the case of the 360, I would take an extended warranty. I think the basic warranty protects you for like 90 days.

Comment

Working...
                          X