Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys have any video card suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys have any video card suggestions?

OK, I'm sick and tired of not being able to play anything on my PC. So I want to upgrade my video card. Since I had a bad experience with my previous ATI video card, I decided to get a Nvidia this time.

I think I'll get this one:

Leadtek GeForce 7600GT AGP. AFAIK, its the only AGP 7600GT on the market.

For around 200$ cdn, it offers a lot of bang for the buck.

Any other suggestions?
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

GeForce in general, cant go wrong

Just watch your power suppply limit when upgrading
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

What are the rest of your system specs at the moment. No good to put a great vidcard into a mediocre system otherwise.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

7600GT is good, I have a PCI-E version, works splendidlydoo.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

GF 7600GT is an excellent card; you won't go far wrong.

If you have a more powerful AGP system you might want to go down the route of a Gefore 7800GS, but these are relatively expensive now, so in terms of bangs per buck, the 7600GT is a better proposition.

Good call .
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

The MSI 7600GT HD is a good card - it's HDCP-compliant.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Radeon 1600+, 125CAD, I think it's a good deal. Works great for me.

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I have an Athlon64 3000, 1GB RAM, two hard drives (one 160 GB and the other 400 GB) and... an ASUS mobo with S3 integrated graphics. Because of the integrated graphics, it can't even run Civ 4. IRC, I have a 350w power supply on my Antec Sonata. So the 7600GT should run fine on it. Its an older AGP system, so I'll need an AGP card. The only AGP version I found so far is the Leadtek.

I tried upgrading it with an ATI Radeon 9550 two years ago, and it failed miserably. My PC crashed so often I had to remove it. At first, I tought it was the Radeon, but I gave the Radeon to my father, who has an HP with Nvidia integrated graphics, and it works OK.
                Last edited by Nostromo; October 24, 2006, 12:09.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

There's an of chance, that the reason your pc crashed, was because of your power supply, it certaily won't hurt to get a better(stronger) one.

So the 9600GT should run fine on it

Typo I assume?
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

There's an of chance, that the reason your pc crashed, was because of your power supply, it certaily won't hurt to get a better(stronger) one.
                    I tend to think it was the mobo. But maybe you're on to something.

Typo I assume?
                    Corrected

Comment

Probably not but 350W for a new-ish machine with a top heavy vidcard is cutting it close.

Comment

I checked, and its in fact 380W. And, according to the Leadtek website,

A minimum recommended 300W system power supply required.

Comment

Don´t try to save some money on the power supply, you will regret it later...
                          The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Do you think I'll have to change my power supply?

Comment

I would if I were you, it´s just too risky IMHO and besides a good one can be used in a future computer if you assemble it by yourself, they are not very expensive either.

380w should be fine, but it´s too close I think.

There´s no reason not to do it... unless you don´t have the money, that might be a problem
                              The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Working...
                              X