Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we get any "big" scifi/fantasy/historic movies in the near future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP

300 looks ****ing amazing. Must watch trailer.

movies,films,trailers,reviews,κινηματογράφος,φιλμ,τρέιλερ,κριτικές

Watch it? Must watch trailer again.

movies,films,trailers,reviews,κινηματογράφος,φιλμ,τρέιλερ,κριτικές

Mmmm.

(they swapped out the trailer though, the had a cooler, longer one up earlier, maybe someone can find it, but I think there was a thread here on poly for it a bit ago)
    Saw it, it looks really cool and I look forward to it. I just hope they don't try to make too stupid points like the website of the movie when it says the 300 Spartans were "drawing a line in the sand for democracy". I also wonder how the Persians are depicted......
    Blah

Comment

What's wrong with Eragon? I'm not defending it; I've never read it since it didn't sound interesting. Is it just another lame Tolkien ripoff or something?
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

It's a mish-mosh of Tolkein and Star Wars, really (the characterization, not the setting - that's all Tolkein-esq), and it's poorly written.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
            What ever happened with the Ender's Game movie?
            Apparently they are still working on a script: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender%27s_Game_%28film%29

And I thought Eragon was a good book...
            http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

There's that "Napoleonic Wars with Dragons" film...
              Temeraire

And new Stargate films, based on the original movie. And new Stargåte films, tying up the Ori-arc...

And then there's Iron Sky, and Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning: Imperial Edition.

This is the official YouTube channel for the science fiction comedy Star Wreck. First we did Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning (2005) and then Iron Sky (2012). Now we are planning the next Star Wreck film!
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

"The Fountain" seems like an interesting concept.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Oh, and there are rumors that "Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell" is going to be out in 2008 . They are still adapting the book to a script right now.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Wy does noone put Masters of Rome into a movie?

Comment

Working...
                    X