Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we get any "big" scifi/fantasy/historic movies in the near future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we get any "big" scifi/fantasy/historic movies in the near future?

I'm a bit bored so post if you know what great movies of the mentioned genres I can expect.

Latest really good "history" movies I saw were "Master and Commander" (well not history as such but well made in historical setting) and "Der Untergang".

Latest really good fantasy for me was LOTR (ok, I admit I'm not that much into fantasy).

Latest really good scifi was....hm....oh....umm....can't remember. Certainly not the new SW episodes or Matrix 2/3.

What did I miss? And is there anything cool to come soon?
    Last edited by BeBMan; October 23, 2006, 14:22.
    Blah

I'd like to see a well-made movie of The Belgariad.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      I'd like to see a well-made movie of The Belgariad.
      I'd settle for a well-made movie. Period.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I doubt they could do a well done Belgariad.
        Too much plot which they'd have to ax to fit a movie format. And as in all his books, most of the fun is in the characters banter, which you know they hack out most of it just to keep as much of the plot as they could. And the plot is usually the weakest aspect of these books.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I didn't think I would care for it really, but this guy kept pestering me on it, and it was funny. The exchanges between Silk and Barak, for instance.

Of course, I didn't know if they'd ever do a worthy LOTR, but they did.
          Last edited by SlowwHand; October 23, 2006, 18:05.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Do we get any "big" scifi/fantasy/historic movies in the near future?

Originally posted by BeBro

Latest really good scifi was....hm....oh....umm....can't remember. Certainly not the new SW episodes or Matrix 2/3.
            Serenity

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Oh yes, I saw that one....it was good IMO, although - again IMO of course - not overwhelming.
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                I doubt they could do a well done Belgariad.
                Too much plot which they'd have to ax to fit a movie format. And as in all his books, most of the fun is in the characters banter, which you know they hack out most of it just to keep as much of the plot as they could. And the plot is usually the weakest aspect of these books.
                Although when you look up EFC Eddings, Brooks, and Goodkind appear, I must admit I have only read one of his books. I don't even remember what one anymore (I might still have it though).

Unfortunately I did read a number of Brooks and Goodkinds books.

Jon Miller
                (OK, Brooks might have actually had a decent book or two when he wasn't knocking off Tolkien)
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

His Dark Materials is being made into a film trilogy, apparently. I think those books sucked nuts, but they're popular fantasy, so who knows?
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Spidey 2 was damn good too, IMHO.

But I don't know where it fits into those genres. They're (superhero movies I mean) are a combination of both Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

So, if Superhero movies fit, Spidey 3 is coming.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I liked Serenity, but it was merely good. Nothing to get too excited about (fitting, considering the name ).

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

What about the new Star Trek movie, by Abrams?

Comment

I saw a trailer for a new fantasy trilogy in the theatre last week. I forget the name of the film, except it had something to do with dragons, and seems to be shot to look exactly like LOTR.
                          "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

What ever happened with the Ender's Game movie?
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I keep hearing about Aquaman, directed by James Cameron

Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                              X