Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention NYC Polytubbies - Once in a lifetime chance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention NYC Polytubbies - Once in a lifetime chance!

I'm stranded at Laguardia Airport, probably for the night.

Have expense account. Willing to travel.

Who is around tonight in the NYC area?

As a bonus, I'm sitting next to Romeo Dallaire who is just as stranded as I am.

I just bought his book and got him to sign it.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

the ill-fated United Nations peacekeeping force
    Always. They didn't have to specify a time.
    Tell him Hi.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah, I don't like you guys either.

Fortunately I just got bumped up to business class in a flight leaving in 45 mins.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If I had my way, he'd be banned too.

Nah, only messing with you. Hope it was a good trip. Know you'll be glad to get home.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

@lucky guy Ash!

I've read his books, really interesting!
          bleh

Comment

GePap lives in NYC.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Don't bother.. When I was stuck in NYC, I gave like few hours for anyone to come and go for a coffee, dinner, what ever. No one wanted to go so... that was it.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                GePap lives in NYC.
                I assume by the time I post this, he is on a plane leaving...
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                  Don't bother.. When I was stuck in NYC, I gave like few hours for anyone to come and go for a coffee, dinner, what ever. No one wanted to go so... that was it.
                  I think you and Asher underestimate the size of NYC, and the pain in the ass that it would be to go to an airport.

Comment

What part of the city do you live? I think it took me 2-3 hours to get to my hotel.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                      What part of the city do you live? I think it took me 2-3 hours to get to my hotel.
                      In a part few tourists visit, northern Manhattan.

Comment

Highbridge Park?

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

In a part few tourists visit, northern Manhattan.
                          That's like the dark side of the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            Highbridge Park?
                            around there, yes.

Comment

GePap, no, I was in Manhattan. And I gave 2-3 hours to get where I was, not total time I had the day to spend as extra. So that's 2 to 3 hours to get to manhattan and do something.

BUt NOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X