Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My favourite holocaust denier is at it again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favourite holocaust denier is at it again....

Ahmadinejad again questions holocaust, warns nations that support Israel, gives ultimatum to Europe

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Iran warns of revenge over Israel

Iran's president has warned that Muslims around the world will take revenge on states who supported Israel against the Palestinians.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad again questioned the extent of the Holocaust, when German Nazis murdered six million Jews.

Israel was founded on "claims about the Holocaust" for which the Palestinians were paying the price, he told a rally.

He was speaking on Jerusalem Day, when there are large demonstrations in Iran in support of the Palestinians.

BBC Tehran correspondent Frances Harrison says the tone of the speech was hardline, even by Mr Ahmadinejad's standards.

Implicit threat

Mr Ahmadinejad called Israel's leaders a "group of terrorists" and appeared to threaten any country that supports it.

Even if we assume the Holocaust is true, then why should the Palestinians pay the price for it
    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Iran's proud and discreet Jews

"You imposed a group of terrorists... on the region. It is in your own interest to distance yourself from these criminals... This is an ultimatum. Don't complain tomorrow."

The "ultimatum" was directed at European states in particular.

"We have advised the Europeans that the Americans are far away, but you are the neighbours of the nations in this region," Mr Ahmadinejad said.

"We inform you that the nations are like an ocean that is welling up, and if a storm begins, the dimensions will not stay limited to Palestine, and you may get hurt."

'Israeli insecurity'

Mr Ahmadinejad said Israel no longer had any reason to exist and would soon disappear. "This regime, thanks to God, has lost the reason for its existence. Efforts to stabilise this fake regime, by the grace of God, have completely failed."

Mr Ahmadinejad said: "Even if we assume the Holocaust is true, then why should the Palestinians pay the price for it."

He said millions of Israelis should go back to their countries of origin.

Mr Ahmadinejad said Lebanese Hezbollah militants had shattered the myth of Israel's military power, so that "Zionists" in their homes in various corners of the world, could not now enjoy security.

The Iranian president has regularly questioned the extent of the Holocaust, and been a trenchant critic of Israel.

In 2004 he drew widespread and angry international criticism when he approvingly quoted comments by Ayatollah Khomeini that Israel's existence should be brought to an end.
    I sometimes wonder if he really believes his own rants or if they are made just for the audience.
    Blah

Either way.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Mr Ahmadinejad said: "Even if we assume the Holocaust is true, then why should the Palestinians pay the price for it."
      If he was at all concerned about what the West (generally) thinks of him, he would remove the "even if we assume" and hammer away at the second part.

It's not entirely fair, of course, since the history of Israel is a lot more complicated than that, but if his goal was to influence Europe, that would be a pretty effective guilt-trip (YOU ****ed up, and then YOU created Israel and now WE* are suffering). Obviously, that's not his intended audience. He's talking to Muslims, mostly those in the ME.

-Arrian

* - of course, "we" is rather broad here.

p.s. To be clear, I'm just talking strategy, because there really isn't much to say otherwise, except, wow! he's a real *******!
      Last edited by Arrian; October 20, 2006, 11:33.
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

BIOB
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

And he's gonna back up this "ultimatum" how? Back calling down the USAF on his silly ass?
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Yeah, he provides no evidence. He provides nothing.

What's BIOB?
            Blah

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ahmadinejad is possibly much worse than most people suspect. During the Iran-Iraq war, he was head of a program which sent children in mass waves to their deaths, sometimes as mine-clearers. He 'achieved' this by creating a cult of the suicide warrior, which was subsequently exported to Hezbollah, and beyond.

Comment

Lovely fellow.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                    If he was at all concerned about what the West (generally) thinks of him, he would remove the "even if we assume" and hammer away at the second part.
                    He'd probably also refrain from absurd suggestions like having the entire country uproot itself and emigrate. It's not fair to make millions of people who have done no wrong leave the land where they grew up either.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

He'd probably also refrain from absurd suggestions like having the entire country uproot itself and emigrate. It's not fair to make millions of people who have done no wrong leave the land where they grew up either.
                        I hope you dont mean to imply thats what happened in Israel/Palestine in 1948.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Oh good, I'm making you paranoid too. No, I was referring to this bit in the OP news article:

He said millions of Israelis should go back to their countries of origin.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            QFT.

I'm willing to wait until November 8th. After that, every day in which Iran isn't bombed is a crime against humanity.
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Why Nov 8?

Also, is this man talking hard again? I mean, I suspect he hasn't got much muscle if he has to talk like this all the time.

If it was someone who was not crazy and from .. dare I say.. non-ME country, we would be advising to stfu with speeches that could be interpreted as declaration of war.

It he does a single thing to compromise the security on any European country after this speech, I say it's a declaration of war on European continent as a whole and we shoudl send them back to stone age.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X