No announcement yet.

TCO's lesser known cool book list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like action and horseracing and mystery, try: ODDS AGAINST by Dick Francis

Comment

Lilith and Phantastes both bu George MacDonald

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I have to get my list going here. Winter coming on, very timely.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Forest of the Gods by Balys Sruoga, an acerbic black humour autobiography of his time as a prisoner in Stutthof concentration camp during WWII.
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

The Seven Brothers trilogy by Curt Benjamin.

Oriental Fantasy, rather a good read.

I want one person on this board to read Naked Came the Sasquatch by John Boston

You won't be disappointed.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              I have to get my list going here. Winter coming on, very timely.

As if it would ever get cold down in Texas!
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I would recommend 'The Thirty-Nine Steps' as an English spy novel (perhaps in addition to or as a substitute for 'The Riddle of the Sands').
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Yes, that is a good one. So is the one where the guy tries to shoot Hitler and gets chased around.

Comment

TCO is still here, BOO! *HISS*
                    "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

You having sex with any alien wimmen, there toadstool boy? I mean Sergeant.

Comment

It is des Truppen des Todes, aka The Troops of Death........grrrrrrrrrrrrr........
                        "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Whatever, SHeets-squid

Comment

Re: TCO's lesser known cool book list

DON CAMILLO and COMRADE DON CAMILLO
                            Have you also seen the old Don Camillo movies with Fernandel? They're great! There's more books too.
                            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Nein, das habe ich nicht getan. Mochte ich aber. Die sind in Italienisch?

Was wurde gut zum lesen en deutche? Etwas licht, weil ich kenn deise sprache nicht so gut. Ich laB DIE FLIEGENDE KLASSENZIMMER und es gefaelt mir.

Und wie macht man diese komische zeichen so wie umlaut und sharfes ess?

Comment

Und Ming und Markos sing blurde Kerln. Ich hofe das die biede daB nicht versteht.

Comment

Working...
                                X