TCO's lesser known cool book list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCO's lesser known cool book list

Actually most of these books are minorly famous but from another generation and I doubt the typical 'toner will have read them. They are not like A CANTICLE FOR LEIBOWITZ or GRAPES OF WRATH or something like that, which you likely already have heard of or had in class or the like:

LOST HORIZON
    THE RAZOR'S EDGE
    DON CAMILLO and COMRADE DON CAMILLO
    RED SKY AT MORNING
    MIRROR FOR OBSERVORS
    COLONEL EFFINGHAM'S RAID
    SANDS OF THE SAHARA
    THE RIDDLE OF THE SANDS
    TALES OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC (the book, not the film/play, and no other Michener works)
    I SEE BY MY OUTFIT
    THE RETURN OF PHILO T. MCGIFFEN

The Sand Pebbles
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oh, I need to read that one, I think. Have you read DELILAH?

Comment

I miss your scrambled eggs.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Dude, did I make you that hash?

Comment

No, I haven't. I've been contemplating a library run. I'll put that on my list. Winston had spoken of The Running Man, which I've not read either.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Guess where I am now?

Comment

What sorta stuff do you like, Sloww? I never figured you for a reader. Just thought you did MP with Eyes and talked OT in the GL forum.

Comment

I used to read a lot.

I read all kinds of stuff. Lonesome Dove by McMurtry.
                  Read the Kent Family Chronicles.
                  Even read Pawn of Prophecy series. Can tell the author was a Tolkien fan, but it was good. Easy to read and follow.

Comment

As for where you are, the KKK meeting? I had to miss it. Darn the bad luck.

Comment

We missed you. You got elected treasurer.

Comment

Slow, (I love sharing books), this is on the everyone in Poly has read it, but if you haven't read STARSHIP TROOPERS, you should. It is the number one selling book at the USMA bookstore, was written in 10 days in reaction to a disarmament treaty by Eisenhower with USSR. The use of powered armor and drops and such is starting to become more and more of a contemplated reality in mil-strat journals like USNI PROCEEDINGS.

Comment

New robes for all!

Comment

Do you drive a doolie

Comment

Well, sure. Don't WE all?

I'll add that book to my Get list, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X