Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think, one day, monotheistic religion will be illegal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I think we are heading in a direction such that that is possible, I do think it might be retarded..

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Why ban monotheism specifically?
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

While I think we are heading in a direction such that that is possible, I do think it might be retarded..
        Why do you think that?
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

the loss of rights in America, the acts which have been recently passed, etc

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Nope.

Hopefully it will be illegal to use religion as a reason to cut into the freedoms of other people (honour killings, refusing to dispense medicines etc.) or other animals (for example to sacrifice them to god) and the like,
            but it won´t be illegal to pursue your won religion as long as you do it out of your free will and pursue it in private and as long as you don´t harm anyone doing so.

This IMHO would be the best outcome.
            The worst outcopme would be that fundamentalist christians gain absolute power in the USA and other countries and turn the countries into some kind of christian fundamentalist state, dividing the world into three parts:
            The Christian fundamentalists, the muslim fundamentalists and the "atheist" states that don´t allow too much influence of religion in their politics.

But I don´t think that monotheistic religions will get illegal one day.
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

yeah, maybe just one..
              JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
                I doubt it. Unless we stop believing in those things like freedom of speech and conscience.
                We won't, but George Bush has
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

the loss of rights in America, the acts which have been recently passed, etc
                  Forgive me I've been out of touch with American politics for a little while now; what acts do you mean and what freedoms and rights do they prohibit?
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

The recent one that was passed that allows them to take away anyone who is accused of being a terrorist and never have to bring them before proper courts or try them according to our laws.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                    X