No announcement yet.

U.S. may speed approval of nuclear plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are electrical generators that use waves for power. The damn things are amazing. Ten square miles of these things would power all of California. No waste, not pollution, free energy. Might be a problem for whales.
    Wont anyone think of the fishies?
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
      Wont anyone think of the fishies?
      Only if they're in a nice lemon-butter sauce.

As for nuclear power, it's about time. It's not the best long-term solution (that's where solar and the other truly renewables come in), but for the mid-term (oh, 50-100 years or so) it's much better than the fossil fuels.

Comment

and in the last thread about this, I thought someone said that there simply isn't enough uranium to go around. I don't know how true this, not sure where to find uranium mining statistics.

There is no one true power source. We have to continue to get power from a variety of methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
          and in the last thread about this, I thought someone said that there simply isn't enough uranium to go around. I don't know how true this, not sure where to find uranium mining statistics.
          That's apparently false, unless the eeevil nuclear industry inserted its propaganda into the Wiki:

Uranium is a naturally occurring element found in low levels within all rock, soil, and water. This is the highest-numbered element to be found naturally in significant quantities on earth.

It is considered to be more plentiful than antimony, beryllium, cadmium, gold, mercury, silver, or tungsten and is about as abundant as arsenic or molybdenum.

The ultimate supply of uranium is very large. It is estimated that for a ten times increase in price, the supply of uranium that can be economically mined is increased 300 times. See World Uranium Resources.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium
          Unbelievable!

Comment

Breeder reactors can make their own fuel, too.

India's experimental fast breeder reactor has been left outside the inspection regime agreed with the U.S.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

There is no one true power source. We have to continue to get power from a variety of methods.
              Well, I won't vough for the neutrality of the author but according to this article uranium reserves are not a worry: http://www.americanenergyindependence.com/uranium.html
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                Breeder reactors can make their own fuel, too.

India's experimental fast breeder reactor has been left outside the inspection regime agreed with the U.S.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                X