No announcement yet.

U.S. may speed approval of nuclear plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better than pollution from coal or oil plants.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You may have enough in a Great Scientist to finish it off Steohen Hawking might do it, but alas, he is ours
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
        Nuclear energy

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          You may have enough in a Great Scientist to finish it off Steohen Hawking might do it, but alas, he is ours

That's okay, we got Norman Borlaug .
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
            Yay, and by yay I mean, "About damn time."
            QFT
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Texas has in fact now overtaken California in wind energy. Excellent step.
              This is another energy source we should be harnessing.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Consider wind power per capita... if I'm reading that right, for example New Mexico has enough to run about 100,000 average homes, which at a population around 2 million and probably 5 people per house (large families in NM), then about 1 in 4 households in NM is supported by wind power
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                  Joy, and by joy I mean, "Crap."
                  hey now, you don't live 60 miles from the proposed nuclear waste site.

Comment

still not that much (significant in a low population state though)

doesn't wind power kill millions of birds?

Comment

How? Flying into the blades?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

yes

how else would it kill them?

I hear the newer ones kill less birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

hey now, you don't live 60 miles from the proposed nuclear waste site.
                          But I do live near a potential transportation route: Intersate-80 and the Union Pacific rail corridor along it. Plus, you and I are in the same watertable as Yucca Mountain, as well as the same tectonically active region. The site has been explained again and again to be dangerous to all involved. Hell, just moving the stuff poses very high risk. The nuclear industry needs to stop being a bunch of pussies and shell out the money to store it where they make it or deal with it themselves (the Europeans have figured this out already) instead of relying on government handouts and making them do their dirty work, costing taxpayers God knows how much.
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

What about regular old windmills? I guess it's a good thing they've been around so along, or we'd be virtually inundated with birds. Cull the bird herd!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                              Fusion power, baby, fusion power.
                              &

still 20 years away
                              Nope...it's closer to 15 year now.

doesn't wind power kill millions of birds?
                              No biggie. It's a Darwinian type of thing for them. Those birds that are stupid enough to fly through the blades won't reproduce. Smart birds that fly around wind turbines will be the surviving species. This process makes birds smarter.
                              Last edited by Zkribbler; October 14, 2006, 17:42.

Comment

By the way, didn't the U.S. government just get his with something like $1/4 billion judgment for failing to haul nuclear wastes away from some power plants??

Comment

Working...
                                X