Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you as proud to be an American as you were 4 years ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ashamed of America. We have allowed flag burning and gay marriage. Plus we haven't rounded up all the brown people and sent them back to parts uncivilized.

Meh a pox on all of the wimps.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

USA! USA! USA!

So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

The one one the right is cute-ish.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I've never been prouder to not be an American.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I would fell the same, if it wasn't for The Colbert Report. So prouder.
            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
            The video may avatar is from

Comment

We can stencil random words on some hot, young American men if that's what it takes to bring you into the fold, Starchild. Just give me the word...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Stencil away baby, I'm easily brought by any side. And you're more likely to play the homo-erotica card than the Iranians or North Koreans are.
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                  I'm ashamed of America. We have allowed flag burning and gay marriage.
                  Well then you'll be happy to hear that last Friday, a California Court of Appeal ruled that the State does not have to permit gay marriages because civil unions provide most of the benefits of marriage.

"Separate and Almost Equal" -- a whole new standard for the Equal Protection Clause. The Plessey v. Furgerson Court would be so proud.

Comment

Working...
                  X