Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you as proud to be an American as you were 4 years ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you as proud to be an American as you were 4 years ago?

This is obvious a poll for Americans, I will have a few options for the rest of yuo.
    JM
    I am prouder to be an American than I was 4 years ago.
    20.69%
    My feelings about being an American is the same as 4 years ago.
    13.79%
    I am more ashamed of being an American than I was 4 years ago.
    25.86%
    I am not an American, but am prouder of my involvement with Americans than I was 4 years ago.
    1.72%
    I am not an American, but feel the same about my involvement with Americans as I did 4 years ago
    13.79%
    I am not an American, but am more ashamed of my involvement with Americans than I was 4 years ago
    13.79%
    I am proud to be a Banana
    10.34%
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Note that this is a relative poll, if you are proud but less proud then 4 years ago, say ashamed.

If you are ashamed, but less so than 4 years ago, say prouder.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I am not an American, but am prouder to be a banana.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I'm ashamed. Congress just passed, and the President is about to sign a law that destroys habeas corpus. Regardless of this year's elections, it almost certainly isn't going to be overturned by our elected branches. The only thing that will save our freedom is that one man (Stevens) isn't dead yet.
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

"My feelings about being an American is the same as 4 years ago."

I suppose I'd feel prouder if I was Guatemalan or something. (he says in a sarcastic tone)
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I picked ashamed, but it's more like disheartened. I didn't pretend that I was Canadian on my recent trip to Germany, but I just don't feel the same about the good ole U.S. of A. I can't stand either political party, and I see no real hope for improvement.

As you can tell, I'm an optimist.
            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

While I'm more ashamed of the whiner/ wing-nut/ terrorism-deniers, I feel as proud about how things are being handled and who is in charge, which is what really matters.

I mean, it would be nice if the weasels would put a cork in it and treat the guys who put their lives on the line every day in Iraq with more respect. I suppose that is asking too much.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Indeed. Killing people in pointless wars is so respectful I propose that we sign an agreement with, say, Russia for a perpetual war to honour the soldiers of both sides. We could set casualty rates at a fixed 1000 per month, both sides
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

My feelings are the same, but only because it's impossible for me to be any prouder to be an American than I was four years ago.

USA! USA! USA!
                  Attached Files
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I never really bought into that pride sutff to begin with. About a month after 9/11 a lot of it started to look like more of a marketing thing than anything else.

I think we have a lot of problems in America but they are not uniquely American. I see them as the same human flaws that everyone has.

Still though there are those problems that America has created out of our own mismanagement of our flaws. We invade Iraq, we care more about gay marriage than we do about global warming, some of us agree with Sean Hannity.

I'm rather embarrassed to be American.
                    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

I feel the same about my involvement with Americans as I did 4 years ago.

Comment

"I'm rather embarrassed to be American."

Leave.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'd rather try and solve what I see as the problem before giving up.
                          Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                          Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

status quo

or was that

quid pro quo
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                              I mean, it would be nice if the weasels would put a cork in it and treat the guys who put their lives on the line every day in Iraq with more respect. I suppose that is asking too much.
                              Then why do you keep voting for them?
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                              X