I am going to help retake America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to help retake America.

Or at least I'll be working for the Democrats as a volunteer caller this Saturday for a couple of hours. The idea is to motivate potential voters to actually get off of their butts and to go to the polls. They originally wanted me to bring my cell phone and use my minutes but I told them my loyality ended way before I started to burn my personal minutes so if they wanted me to help call potential voters then they'd better give me access to a phone they pay for.

They grumbled a bit and then said I'd get a seat at their phone bank.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

If you call me, I'm hanging up on you.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

If you call me, thanks to the wonders of technology (caller ID) I won't even answer.

I do find it humorous that they expect you to use your own minutes when volunteering your own time. Republicans would never expect you to do that
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Don't "nights and weekends" apply on Saturdays?
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Yeah, the Republicans get way more corporate donations so they can afford that sort of stuff I guess. It seems the DNC is trying to push the costs off on volunteers in order to lower expenses and that will fly with some people. Others of us are to cheap to ever consider such an arrangement though.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            Don't "nights and weekends" apply on Saturdays?
            I don't get nights and weekends from T-mobile. I get 3000 any time minutes per month and I tend to use almost all of them so I'm not going to pay an over limit charge to help these guys out. I'm just cheap like that.

Comment

IF you believe that they don't have much money then they've fooled you twice.

I still think it's tacky.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Maybe they figured the situation was bad enough (assault on our civil liberties! kangaroo courts! big brother! scaryscaryscary!) that you'd be willing to sacrifice your precious, precious minutes. Hopefully someday your democratic revolution will advance far enough that you will risk overage for your love of your country. Think of the propaganda; you could bill yourselves as "minutemen." Heroes of the Cellular Theater.

Really, this is pretty funny: "We're mad as hell, and we're not going to take it anymore! We're going to retake America! What? Oh, hells no, do you have any idea how much Sprint charges nowadays? I figured I'd just, you know, post something inflammatory on Myspace...OMG, the Republicans won AGAIN? Has this country completely sold its soul???"

EDIT: On second thought, was the OP actually meant to be satirical? I have to wonder.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Oerdin is republican! It's sabotage!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Don't tell anyone.

In any event I'm still spending half of one of my days off helping them and that's better then 90%+ of the people out there.

Comment

Non-stop calling on a cell can result in some serious expense. Far more than a couple of dollars.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It's not that I deny the expenses, it's just that this mixture of revolutionary language with complaining about expenses strikes me as rather comical. It's hard to explain. In the grand tradition of liberal activism, we've got Ghandi getting beaten, MLK getting shot, and now the patriots of today, retaking America within the limitations imposed by their cell phone plans. The juxtaposition is funny.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Yes, I get it. This can be serious cash though. I've run monthly bills over $300 just for work. I wouldn't want to add hours more in expense on top of that.

Oerdin isn't running for office, the Democrats are.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                            If you call me, I'm hanging up on you.
                            Fixed
                            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                              Maybe they figured the situation was bad enough (assault on our civil liberties! kangaroo courts! big brother! scaryscaryscary!) that you'd be willing to sacrifice your precious, precious minutes. Hopefully someday your democratic revolution will advance far enough that you will risk overage for your love of your country.
                              I've sacraficed plenty out of love of country, thanks. They can't have my minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X