I'm Making Goulash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Making Goulash

Wifey is sick, so I'm took a half day off work so she could rest while I watch Josie. I figure I'd use the time to make Goulash, something I've been craving for some time. Any advice? Any advice on any Eastern European dish would be awesome in fact.

I have some amish style egg noodles (thin compare to thick) to serve with the goulash.. should I just make the spatzel?
    Monkey!!!

Don't forget the eye of newt. I ain't authentic Goulash without eye of newt.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Argh, now you've made me Hungary.

Comment

I recommend a Russian Restaurant called Trojka in Primrose Hill, North London. Best Goulash ever!

Comment

And I should arrive at what time?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Around eight o'clock on a saturday night is best. There's a fiddle player called Andrej at the weekends who plays a mix of Russian classical, folk and Jewish stuff.

PM me when you're coming over - I'll book a table.

Comment

Here's a tip. Give your wife some speed and whiskey. She'll feel great soon, but make sure she stays non-active, because she is still sick. Let her sweat it out man.. I mean let's face it. She is filled with bacteria and all kinds of poison things. So she needs some help with the metabolism. Thus, speed. But it could hit her kind of ... hard being sick at first, so give her some whiskey too, it'll smoothen the first kicks.

Then take her to a motel, because she should not be around children if she's on drugs, since that could be like a court case. You should, however, watch your wife and keep her steady and entertained (you can now practice those striptease routines for her! Audition!!!) and I'll come and take care of your baby for a while. We'll start with few nice plays, weapon training first and then onto stealing identities.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

To be around children full-time, it helps to be on drugs.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I also want to see that defense in court. 'So.. you went to do drugs in a motel with your husband while leaving your child with ... allegedly an insane person'. 'Yes. but your honour, do you ever drink alcohol? You see, that is also a drug. I bet you've been on drugs too while around your children. You're such hypocrites!111'.

I'm sure it's a sure win case.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pepricka... Lots and lots of fresh ground pepricka.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I remember hating plenty of foods as a child, most of them I have acquired a taste for as an adult, or at least a tolerance, Goulash is the one exception....I haven't eaten it since and have no desire to.

Good luck with the recipe, I think my mom used to use whatever had been in the fridge for too long

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

That one looked good though it doesn't seem to have nearly enough spice to it. Good goulash must have a fire in it similiar to chili. Pour on the Pepricka.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Papricka = fire similar to chili?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It depends on the paprika.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Not most paprika, that's for sure.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X