Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington Times calls for Hastert's resignation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Washington Times calls for Hastert's resignation...

Originally posted by Oerdin
    It is about the recent GOP paedophilia scandal where the "party of family values" not only covered up that one of their Congressmen was a paedophile but even left him on the subcomittee

Do you even know what paedophilia is?
    Unbelievable!

Comment

Being turned on by children
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

By prepubescent children to be precise, which doesn't apply to Foley. He's just your garden-variety peterpuffer.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
          By prepubescent children to be precise, which doesn't apply to Foley. He's just your garden-variety peterpuffer.
          In our society, a pediphile also includes adults who want to have sex with teens. Foley fits the definition here. Just becuase the age of consent in the UK is 12 doesn't mean it is everywhere.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

yeah, but there should be a difference

there is a big difference between wanting to have sex with someone who is sexually mature

and wanting to have sex with a kid who is not

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              In our society, a pediphile also includes adults who want to have sex with teens. Foley fits the definition here. Just becuase the age of consent in the UK is 12 doesn't mean it is everywhere.
              In D.C. the age of consent is 16. I believe the pages were at least 16 years of age.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                I doubt that.

Well, kudos to my victory to get Poly to realize the WT is run by nutters, but outside of our forum I have not been so successful. The WT is frequently quoted by AP, and FOXNews.

Yay me!

The UT has an extreme social and finacial conservative agenda. The problem with the WT isn't so much that it pushes a UT's religion as it does the UTs political agenda, even in the newsroom. If it stayed in the editorial section, that would be fine, but the church's politics slants the Times news.

With that in mind, the call by the WT for Hastert to resign is significant. He, and other GOP House leaders, have become liabilities for November among the far Christian right.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  In D.C. the age of consent is 16. I believe the pages were at least 16 years of age.

Foley may squeek by legally because of that, depending on who has jurisdiction: D.C., Florida, California, the Feds, etc. The recipients of the IMs were outside DC at the time. I'll admit, I don't know who else has jurisdiction besides the Feds.

However, there's certainly an ICK factor anytime and adult tries to skeez some teen, even if they're legal. Even if the pages were 19 and legal all around, people would have to seriously wonder why a 52 year old man is coming on to them. Legal, but creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                    there is a big difference between wanting to have sex with someone who is sexually mature
                    Teens are not sexually mature. They are sexually maturing

Comment

I'm referring to the DSM, not popular conceptions or local laws. Even the WHO's looser definition doesn't go beyond the earliest stages of puberty.

As Jon pointed out, there's a world of difference between physical maturation and the emotional maturity necessary for consent. Paedophilia is concerned entirely with the former.
                      Last edited by Darius871; October 3, 2006, 20:07.
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

Teens are not sexually mature. They are sexually maturing
                        I thought most girls were by 16. And having full secondary characteristics (which many do at 16) means that it is natural to be turned on by them.

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
                          I'm referring to the DSM, not popular conceptions or local laws. Even the WHO's looser definition doesn't go beyond the earliest stages of puberty.

The catagories in the DSM are not decided by a scientific method but by politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                            I thought most girls were by 16. And having full secondary characteristics (which many do at 16) means that it is natural to be turned on by them.

Jon Miller

Full obvious secondary sex characteristics. Internally they are not physically matured, though still quite capable of reproduction. There is also mental and emotional maturity differences which should cool most people's jets right away.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                              I doubt that.

Well, kudos to my victory to get Poly to realize the WT is run by nutters, but outside of our forum I have not been so successful. The WT is frequently quoted by AP, and FOXNews.
                              Don't count it as your victory. Some of us actually live in or near Washington

Comment

You can't even let me have this?

Comment

Working...
                                X