Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't fool me; I remember when all you Chicago folk were ready to run him out on a rail!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
      Going 16-0 is extremely difficult.

Because the Bears have such a relatively easy schedule, they have a good chance of doing it. Though, I would say that going 16-0 would be more difficult than winning the Super Bowl.
      Obviously. I can name forty Superbowl teams and one undefeated team.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I would think Indy would lose before Chicago due to their tougher schedule. Indy is 8) at Denver and 9) at New England.

I would think 12) Chicago @ New England is more a should be a loss than should be a win.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Personally, I thought Jauron was OK, not great, as a coach. He did not have head coaching experience before coming here, and it really showed in crunch time. His teams had horrible clock management, and were generally at their worst when the pressure was on.

He also showed he knew nothing about offense, and compounded the problem by hiring idiots as his offensive coordinators.

I think he's showing that he learned from his mistakes here. Buffalo is WAY better than anyone predicted.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            You can't fool me; I remember when all you Chicago folk were ready to run him out on a rail!
            Go look up the word "facetiously".
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Go cuddle your cub.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Ok, here's the way I see it for the Bears, and why I won't make a nonconditional bet.

Chance that the Bears will go 8-0: 80%

Chance that the Bears will go 11-0: 25%

Chance that the Bears will go 16-0: 10%

I'll make a conditional bet that will favor you (not that it isn't already).

First part: If the Bears DON'T go 8-0 (that means they don't make it to the pivotal 3 game stretch unbeaten), you get the line deal from last year. If they do, then you agree to making the the second part of the bet (the conditional part) that being if they go 11-0 they will make it to 16-0.

There. It's just about a no-loose situation for you.

I'll even add on that if I win (again), we can bet on your team next year instead of mine. You should have the advantage on that one as well, because you know the Falcons much better than I do.
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar

Obviously. I can name forty Superbowl teams and one undefeated team.
                  It's possible to go 16-0 and not win the Super Bowl.

My point was that accomplishing one thing does not necessarily lead to another.

Each year, one team is guaranteed to win the Super Bowl. And as you say, there has only been one undefeated team.

I must also point out that on this forum, sometimes I must point out the obvious... for some people.

I shouldn't have to remind you of this.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• The thing is that there little value in going 16-0, because at a certain point there's nothing to play for in the season.
                    Step one is to obtain a playoff spot, step two is to claim the division, and step three is to claim home-field advantage. This can be achieved with a 13-0, 14-0 record, making the last set of games totally redundant.

Lovie Smith's been to the Super Bowl with the Rams. He won't risk any unnecessary injuries just to win the last two or three games.

Comment

• Step 4 is to avoid needless injuries whhen playoff spot is assured.

Why play starters and take the risk? For an undefeated season? Pretty stupid.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Actually, I don't really think so. Like it's been stated, there have been 40 Super Bowl winners and only 1 undefeated team.

The Bears didn't need to win the last 4 games in 85, but they still played their starters.

The '72 Dolphins could have sat their starters after game 11.

What the question is, is it better to be 16-0, and be one of 2 teams to finish the regular season undefeated; or be one of just another Super Bowl winner.

The natural answer is to be a Super Bowl Winner, but the reason its the natural answer is because an undefeated regular season is so much more unlikely that it is an unrealistic goal and so few teams are faced with making that choice.
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• What does finishing undefeated get you, really? If you lose in the playoffs, what's the worth? Not a thing.

Comment

• Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens and a college classmate, Courtney Parker, have co-written a children's book titled "Little T Learns to Share." Dallas-based BenBella Books is scheduled to release the book in November, according to the Friday, Oct. 6 edition of the Dallas Morning News. In the book, the title character refuses to share his football until he realizes it's difficult to play by himself. The book is the first in a series called "T.O.'s Timeout Series," which will release new titles next year.

Comment

• But when Little T reaches puberty, he'll learn he can play with himself.
                              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                                What does finishing undefeated get you, really? If you lose in the playoffs, what's the worth? Not a thing.
                                Any team that finishes a regular season undefeated is going to be considered among the best ever in the NFL, even if they don't win a SB.

Comment

Working...
                                X