Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And when he was asked to tutor Losman, be declined.
    He stood around on the sidelines last night, mute, and pulling at his shoulder pads. Never said a word of help.
    Last night is when I became anti-Drew. It illustrated to me that he's no more a team member than Terrell Owens.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• LOL

I became anti-Drew last year, but I guess that is why you are Sloww.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• I can understand him being pissed at first when he was yanked... But after he cooled down, he should have done everything he could to help Romo... instead, he acted like a spoiled brat, proving he cares more about himself than the team... And then we have the Owner now second guessing his coach in the press... this can only get worse.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Come on... most people would get pissed if asked to mentor the person that is taking their job. Why hold NFL QBs to a higher standard on that account? Especially when the new QB is Romo!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Come on... most people would get pissed if asked to mentor the person that is taking their job. Why hold NFL QBs to a higher standard on that account? Especially when the new QB is Romo!
            Yeah, but some people will help the other guy out despite their feelings. That's called being a team player. If you think that's a "higher standard," then perhaps you need to raise yours.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• In the "old days" it was considered prudent to have an older and wiser vet on the sidelines, while a current aged player was the starter. This seasoned veteran counciled the young 3rd string rookie on what was actually going on.
              After all, Drew would still be paid, and making a valuable contribution to the team.

Of course, that was back in the times before "me" took over. Before jubilation over a sack or tackle, or a pass completion.

Since you think those things are the way to go, and that cheating in baseball is "just the way it is", I wouldn't expect you to understand these concepts.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Bledsoe is a baby, a prima donna, and a jerk. He hasn't produced on the field and paid the price. He's under contract and is obliged to contribute however he can to help the team. Lord A is totally correct about the team concept.

It's the coach's job to decide who plays. No one else. Anyone else's opinion is just so much crap. Jerry Jones is undermining his coach and will have to live with the (train wreck) consequences.

I can't see anything good coming out of this situation.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• NFL.com poll of the day.

Which of these teams is most likely to win the Super Bowl?
                  Chicago Bears
                  Denver Broncos
                  Indianapolis Colts
                  New Orleans Saints
                  New England Patriots

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                    Yeah, but some people will help the other guy out despite their feelings. That's called being a team player. If you think that's a "higher standard," then perhaps you need to raise yours.
                    Please... team player? Bledsoe came over to the Cowboys as a free agent with the expectation he'd start. He hasn't played all that badly considering the circumstances (call him when they get an offensive line worth a damn) and Romo isn't that good. Of course he'd be pissed. He helped out Tom Brady because he Brady took the job when Bledsoe was injured and Brady played well in the interm and lifted the team. Romo most likely will not... not with that offensive line.

And now this is the 3rd consecutive QB in a row that Bledsoe has been asked to tutor (first was Brady, then Losman, now Romo). Its not what he signed up for when Parcells came calling.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• He didn't hang around and help Brady. He didn't help Losman at all. He isn't going to help Romo.
                      You're condemning Romo who has played extremely little, even though he's beat back challenges of QB's hand picked by Jerry Jones, included the fabled Drew Henson.

People in Dallas don't know much about Romo. I don't understand how you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Please... team player? Bledsoe came over to the Cowboys as a free agent with the expectation he'd start. He hasn't played all that badly considering the circumstances (call him when they get an offensive line worth a damn) and Romo isn't that good. Of course he'd be pissed. He helped out Tom Brady because he Brady took the job when Bledsoe was injured and Brady played well in the interm and lifted the team. Romo most likely will not... not with that offensive line.

And now this is the 3rd consecutive QB in a row that Bledsoe has been asked to tutor (first was Brady, then Losman, now Romo). Its not what he signed up for when Parcells came calling.
                        And he has started, right? But now Parcells changed his mind. I never said Bledsoe wouldn't be pissed, but the team objective is to win the game, and maybe he could have helped by giving Romo some pointers. Instead he decided to sulk.
                        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Sun 4:15 Denver Broncos -2.5 Indianapolis Colts

Bookies, via betting public, say this is the week the Colts go down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                            And he has started, right? But now Parcells changed his mind. I never said Bledsoe wouldn't be pissed, but the team objective is to win the game, and maybe he could have helped by giving Romo some pointers. Instead he decided to sulk.
                            Come on... if you were demoted in your job and some guy who was below you was put in that job, how would you respond to the boss saying you should give the new guy some pointers because "we're all in this together"? I know most people would probably tell the boss to **** off... or accept in order to keep getting a paycheck while they look for another job and not really help the new guy out at all.

I've always been of the opinion that we ask far more of professional athletes than we do of ourselves.

Comment

• Who makes the players worth anything at all? Fans.
                              How many fans have this salary structure?
                              I don't think expectations are so overextended.

New minimum salary scale
                              Exp. Minimum salary
                              R $225,000
                              1 $300,000
                              2 $375,000
                              3 $450,000
                              4-6 *$525,000
                              7-9 *$650,000
                              10+ *$750,000
                              *All minimum salaries beyond four years of experience will only count $450,000 against teams' salary caps.

Comment

• Yeah... he was "demoted"... but it doesn't change his pay check. The "TEAM' is paying him. Sure, he should be pissed that he isn't starting, but he is still getting paid.

He's just acting like a self serving jerk. I would expect somebody in the business sector that got demoted, and was still being paid the same salary to continue to help the company. It's not like he was fired...
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X