Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usually when someone gets caught it's a random guy who's barely better than practice squad level.

Here we're talking about arguably the best pass rusher in the league.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• The guy is so young to be where he's at physically... only 22. He's a total beast.

ESPN quote: "definitely for steroids, not one of those supplemnt deals..."

Merriman is allowed to appeal, but reports say both the A and B samples came back positive.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
        I think they'll take best RB available, THEN look at OL. May even address OL through free agency.

What I'd do anyway.
        Why? They signed Edge. Need peope to block. Badly.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Edge isn't getting any younger. Why wait and dig another hole? They've had old RB's. They do well at getting old RB's.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• They also have Arrington

Get a bloody O-line

Comment

• There is NO way 'Zona drafts a RB in the 1st round. None, nada, don't even think about it.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I agree. They drafted Arrington early last year, and he's showing signs of "getting it" in a backup role this year. By adding Leinart and Pope, they now have quality players at all the skill positions.

They need an O-line and more playmakers on defense.

Oh, and a new head coach.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                  Oh, and a new head coach.
                  That... and the need to get rid of about half of their players who have already given up... just earning their pay checks.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yeah, I believe Sean Payton turned over more than half of the New Orleans over the off-season. Talk about an attitude check... It seems to have done wonders.

Bellichik did the same thing when started the New England title dynasty.

Comment

• I'm somewhat surprised that the vast majority in Lombardi League are taking Dallas, giving up the points. I'm taking them, of course.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Philly pulls closer, by running.

1-10-PHI 28 (13:17) D.McNabb scrambles right end ran ob at PHI 35 for 7 yards (S.Quarles).
                        2-3-PHI 35 (12:41) B.Westbrook right guard to TB 42 for 23 yards (W.Allen).
                        1-10-TB 42 (11:55) D.McNabb scrambles up the middle to TB 34 for 8 yards (E.Wyms, D.Brooks).
                        2-2-TB 34 (11:08) B.Westbrook up the middle to TB 23 for 11 yards (J.Phillips).
                        1-10-TB 23 (10:24) B.Westbrook right end to TB 11 for 12 yards (W.Allen, S.Rice).
                        1-10-TB 11 (9:39) C.Buckhalter up the middle to TB 7 for 4 yards (R.Nece, W.Allen).
                        2-6-TB 7 (8:56) D.McNabb pass short right to R.Brown for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
                        You forgot:
                        (10:24) McNabb vomits while calling the next play - forced to use a timeout.
                        (0:00) Philly fans vomit as another gets away in the final 10 seconds.
                        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Philly, and NYG, wants to have a rivalry so bad with the Cowboys, and we don't care.
                          Philly seems especially infuriated over it.

If we have a rivalry, and we do, it's with the Redskins.
                          We just think Philly is full of rude idiots. That's not a rivalry.

Comment

I'm somewhat surprised that the vast majority in Lombardi League are taking Dallas, giving up the points. I'm taking them, of course.
                            Take a look at Dallas record at home vs the Giants on MNF.

Comment

• Barber always worries me.

Comment

• Romo. Two o's.

Edit: 2nd half, and there he is. Throwing an interception right off the bat.
                                Last edited by SlowwHand; October 23, 2006, 22:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X