This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several passed.

Barring a miracle, and then there was one.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
      Four turnovers in the first half, all by Grossman.
      The Bears appear to be... DOOMED!
      ZOMFG ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!

You've got a gambler at quarterback, and you'll get uneven performance from him all year. Sometimes the lucky Grossman will show up - he'll throw prayers downfield and they'll fall straight into the hands of Bernard Berrian, he'll run around goofily in the face of the pass-rush, somehow get a floater ball off with a side-arm delivery, and Moose will pull it down from over the head of a cornerback. Sometimes the unlucky Grossman will show up. And the deep ball will sail over Berrian's head, and the floater will go right into the hands of a waiting linebacker.

He's the same player either way, but his style makes his performance very subject to luck. Otherwise you've got pretty much the best team in the league. You'll likely get a bye. That means all you need is for good-Grossman, the Dr. Jekyl, to show up for three games in a row.

Feeling lucky?
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Why exactly did the Raiders pass on Matt Leinart now?
        The other really silly one is the Lions. Sims will be a good linebacker, and he's got a big injury history. When you've got a player with multiple career concussions already and hasn't even played in the NFL, that's not good.

I worry he'll be the next Dan Morgan. Morgan is an incredibly gifted linebacker, on the level of Al Wilson or Jon Vilma when he actually can stay on the field - but he doesn't. He's out for the rest of this year with his fifth career concussion, and by the end of this year he will have missed 40 games in 6 years due to injury.

Is a good but injury-prone linebacker worth a franchise quarterback? I certainly don't think so, and I'm a little quick to jump on Millen because he's been so terrible at drafting in the past.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Didn't Leinart drop because he was labeled as having a weak arm?

I have the feeling that Millen passed on Leinart because he already had one high draft pick QB that didn't work out.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Jaguar -- I think your assessment of Grossman is a bit severe. His decision-making is uneven and he needs more experience (which he's currently acquiring).

I like his gunslinger mentality -- reminds me of Elway and Favre. It's definitely a refreshing change for Chicago fans. Improved game management skills will come with experience. I'll take my chances with him.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Wow... roughing the kicker after a big stop by the Bears... everything is going for the Cards so far, isn't it?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I warned you that I put the Kiss Of Death on Grossman by taking him in Salary League.
                Thought I was kidding, didn't you? He'll be lucky if he doesn't break a leg.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• The Bears are playing pretty stupid football, and the Cards are not folding as they usually do.

Grossman is indecisive and inaccurate tonight.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Five turnovers not exactly a recipe for success.
                    At least we know it's Sloww's fault...

Comment

• Grossman picked off. But as Edge is trying to run out the clock, Urlacher rips the ball from his arms, and Bears score a TD on the recovery! Not quite over yet.

23-17. 5min left.
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• 4 int's and 2 fumbles. 14/37 148 yards,

Comment

• OMG! Cards can't move the ball, PR for TD!

Comment

• Unbelievable. Bears take the lead.

Three minutes to go, defense has to stop Leinert one more time.

Comment

• We shall see... plenty of time. We need a BIG time defensive play
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Cards have to be sick.

Comment

Working...
                                X