Medical opinions requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical opinions requested

No, it's not about my ugly, weeping genital sores. They are old friends to me and I'm keeping them.

There's great drama on another forum I use, with a regular being left in a critical condition after an assault. However there's one snag. My bull**** detector is screaming blue murder. For a number of reasons, I think it's a hoax. I'd appreciate an eye being cast over the timescale to see if it adds up, given how hospitals operate.

Hour zero- he logs off the internet.

Hour six- we are told that, in the intervening time, he has been assaulted while heroically defending a lady from three ruffians. He is in hospital, "still unconscious", and in a critical condition. This info is being apparently posted third-hand via his brother.

Hour nine- we are told "he still hasn't woken up".

Hour thirteen- we are told he still hasn't woken up, has internal bleeding and needs to be operated on.

Hour eighteen- we are told "His condition stabilised and he has been taken into surgery".

The timescales seem a bit tight to me, and I'm puzzled by the (apparent) delay in operating, during which time it seems his condition stabilised.

Then again, I'm not a doctor (even if I do play one on TV). Any opinions?
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

I prefer to believe everything of this type I read, and to give people the benefit of the doubt. Better to give emotional support where it is needed, than to not give it, and have it missed.

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Incidentally, if any Oz readers have heard about any vicious assaults leading to three arrests in the Redfern area of Sydney in the early hours of the 30th, you can post it here and convince me that it's all kosher.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
        I prefer to believe everything of this type I read, and to give people the benefit of the doubt. Better to give emotional support where it is needed, than to not give it, and have it missed.

Jon Miller
        That's why I'm posting my suspicions here, and not there.

Comment

It may be a bit suspicious, but give them the benefit of the doubt. If, someday, I were to die and my sucessors post it on Apolyton, I'll send angry messages from hell if Apolytoners start posting "Hmm...Suspicious death on another forum..." on various boards
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Hehe... ruffians...

Comment

Maybe he's the Australian SuperCitizen.
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

We should aks faded glory for advice.
                Blah

Comment

Some more info on the injuries would be handy. Unconscious and internal bleeding... what about the external injuries? It'd be surprising if there weren't any.

Comment

I bet it's the same gang that took Che's bicycle!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

A psychic told me my bicycle was in the basement of the Alamo. COuld you go check for me, Slowwy?
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

As to the OP, I'd think that if he had internal bleeding, they'd have started to operate much sooner.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                          Incidentally, if any Oz readers have heard about any vicious assaults leading to three arrests in the Redfern area of Sydney in the early hours of the 30th, you can post it here and convince me that it's all kosher.
                          Nope.

There was an assault & rob in Surry Hills at about 5:30 AM. No specific details, but it doesn't look like there were serious injuries in that one.

Nothing about a serious assault in Redfern for that date. My info's not conclusive, but,..
                          I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Why don't you ask Red Jon?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              As to the OP, I'd think that if he had internal bleeding, they'd have started to operate much sooner.
                              Not necessairly che. There are lots of tests they will run on him in the trauma room to try to locate the bleeding. In the mean time drs and nurses of the trauma team is pumping him with fluids and meds to keep him stabilized. It can take a number of hours to actually operate. If the patient has a stable blood pressure and vitals the trauma team will try to locate the bleeding before surgery that way the surgery team knows what we are going in for. I cant say for sure or at all if this is a hoax with the details given.

And che, tuber and I are closer to the alamo ill get him to run right down there and check in the basement for ur bike
                              Its a big bright red one with a bannana seat right
                              Last edited by Mrs. Tuberski; September 30, 2006, 16:20.
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X