Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had fun here lately

But it's all coming to an end.
    I am coming back to Warsaw and my studies.
    That sucks.
    First days I shall spend looking for a house - probably a small, stinky room on the suburbs of Warsaw at some grandma's house, for which I'll have to pay silly big money.
    That's dramatic, because last year, not counting Bab Tuma stay, I lived in apartaments shared with - better or worse - friends, with tv, and with big and nice rooms.
    Earlier, I
    Next couple of days shall be signing up for all my studies, endless problems with computer registration,
    quarrels with bitter secretaries, and dull lessons (XIX century :vomit
    I will have no internet. I'll have no money to make a short travel even to Tatar villages in NE Poland, not to mention great travels across Middle East
    My friends are all on the higher year of studies now,
    and no-one remembers me, probably, anyway.
    Warsaw, thanks to Germans, is ugly and depressing city.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Don't 'you have internet at school?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

well, yes, a couple. There's a long queue and You can use it for a half of hour.
      Middle East!

Comment

Eh, that is terrible. Sounds 3rd world, or worse.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

What are you *****ing about? You're living the life of 12th century scholar

Besides, you're probably one of the five people in Poland who can speak Arabic. Phone the embassies in Warsaw and see if you can sell that knowledge.

Comment

We have three universities with arabic studies in Poland, and at least one or two more teach arabic.
            You're naive if You think knowledge of arabic will help me find work. While it should not be so, there are dozens of arabists without work, and our diplomats in arabic countries - ambassadors and consuls - do not know arabic at all.

oh, forgot about it: at computers in Institute of History, You can not open mails. I was shouted at for sending a mail to one of the workers of Institute about my semestral work.
            Apolyton is not appropriate, as well.
            There's more freedom at oriental studies and in the library, though.
            Middle East!

Comment

Tell them if you can't get access to Poly you'll unleash biblical plagues on them, namely the one with all the frogs
              Blah

Comment

If you use gmail, how can they know if you are surfing or sending email?

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                  What are you *****ing about? You're living the life of 12th century scholar
                  12th century scholar was a monk respected by local peasantry, leaving in some cosy monastery and probably having a lot of gay sex at nights. If he was pius enough, some duchess would give him some money for saying he'll pray for her and give the money to the poor.
                  If someone tried to take something from you, you could denounce him as a heretic and servant of Belzebub.

that's not quite my situation
                  Middle East!

Comment

Today you can still blame Germans for everything
                    Blah

Comment

I think BeBro is offering to send you money.

Comment

Bah, he could sell his frog art.
                        Blah

Comment

So you won't be posting anymore?
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Probably not.

At least until Poland discovers Electricity. Last time I checked, they had just discovered Horseback Riding.

Comment

And if so when exactly?

We could make it the "Heresson Remembrance Day"!

Of course, if we're sure you don't have net access we also could hold an online party that day

*hopes to provoke response*
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X