No announcement yet.

I've had fun here lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, but who needs to learn classical arabic?
    teaching of arabic requires more time than another language, and even when you learn it, You do not understand Arabs clearly, because majority of them does not speak good classical arabic.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

Work for some cool anti-terror guys, as analyst or so. Poland's Jack Bauer needs info!

Seriously, with all the fuss about Islam in recent times there should be some chances for people knowing Arabic, at least that's what I would think......don't you have some think tanks focussing on ME stuff who need orientalists?
      Blah

Comment

Re: I've had fun here lately

Originally posted by Heresson
        I am coming back to Warsaw and my studies.
        That sucks.
        Indeed, Warsaw

Warsaw, thanks to Germans, is ugly and depressing city.
        Warsaw is an ugly and depressing city thanks to Poles, not Germans. You really should see what Germans have done with their cities
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

We have three universities with arabic studies in Poland, and at least one or two more teach arabic.
          You're naive if You think knowledge of arabic will help me find work. While it should not be so, there are dozens of arabists without work, and our diplomats in arabic countries - ambassadors and consuls - do not know arabic at all.
          Come to the US. There are lots of [government] jobs for people who speak Arabic.

Comment

But if you do, don't tell them you like frogs at the border/airport/whatever

couldn't resist
            Blah

Comment

You really should know what Germans have done to polish cities

Warsaw's Old Town
              Attached Files
              Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Come to the US. There are lots of [government] jobs for people who speak Arabic.
                I can not imagine that
                Middle East!

Comment

blame the soviets too

at least that part was rebuilt like it was.

now the soviet "gifts" to warsaw,
                  CSPA

Comment

You really should know what Germans have done to polish cities

Warsaw's Old Town
                    Warsaw quite deserves it, for being the centre of anti-freedom known as the Polish language.
                    Plus, Poles are whiny and annoying. "Oh, we won't attend your World War 2 celebrations...lol we may lose our lives to the Germans, but to the Russians we lose our souls!!1 LOL"

Ugh

Comment

Warsaw was partially rebuilt, but ina silly form. 20 meters from the market square of the New Town, there are soc-realistic flats... And the pre-war city center was not rebuilt. Warsaw is a crippled city, like no other.
                      Enough to say that something like half of its population was killed... and 85% of the town destroyed - what was left are the poorest quaters in the east.
                      And it was a deliberate destruction largely
                      Today, Warsaw has, with much more extended boarders, hardly bigger population than it had before the war.
                      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Warsaw quite deserves it, for being the centre of anti-freedom known as the Polish language.
                        Plus, Poles are whiny and annoying. "Oh, we won't attend your World War 2 celebrations...lol we may lose our lives to the Germans, but to the Russians we lose our souls!!1 LOL"

Ugh
                        Poles did attend every ww2 celebrations, except for british ones immediatelly after the end of the war, when the British denied polish soldiers that did so much for them f.e. during The Battle Of England, to participance not to enanger the Soviets
                        Middle East!

Comment

I dont find soviet architecture ugly
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

Poles did attend every ww2 celebrations, except for british ones immediatelly after the end of the war, when the British denied polish soldiers that did so much for them f.e. during The Battle Of England, to participance not to enanger the Soviets
                            Perhaps Poland attended, but your Baltic Extensions (they are essentially Poland, except with different states) decided that the Nazis were of course far preferable to the Soviet soldiers who gave their lives in order to secure their mere existence.

After such an insult, Warsaw and its various environs don't deserve to be rebuilt.

Comment

Yeah, Latvia and Poland are one
                              Middle East!

Comment

Yeah, Latvia and Poland are one
                                QFT

But you have to admit, Lithuania and Poland aren't differentiated by much, except perhaps in the degree of their anti-Russianism

Comment

Working...
                                X